United States of America
PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
- Deliver Commercial Engine maintenance training, including Mature Commercial Engine (MCE) Programs and all PW1000G Geared Turbo Fan (GTF) Engine Programs, to internal P&W customers and external Airline/MRO customers at the Customer Training Center (CTC) in East Hartford, CT, virtually and on-site at the customer's worldwide locations.
- Areas of instruction include, but are not limited to, engine specific Familiarization, Line & Base Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Jet Engine Fundamentals, Borescope, Engine Change, FOD, and human factors type training.
- As lead instructor and SME, support designing courseware in accordance with the P&W CTC Instructional Systems Design (ISD) Process, evaluating course material for content and accuracy, and recording quality escapes to support P&W quality system requirements. The elected candidate will also be responsible for fielding customer requests and directing customers to appropriate P&W support personnel.
- Work with CTC team in the professional delivery of commercial, engine maintenance training to global customers. Has advanced knowledge in commercial engine maintenance who can work with no guidance or direction from others. Candidate will be considered an advanced SME in field of knowledge. Candidate will support customers daily being viewed as a P&W expert continually developing advance knowledge of discipline area.
- Project lead several yearly activities related to continuous improvement of assets/training delivery, CORE activities and/or EHS activities.
- Lead cross functional teams focused on continuous improvement of training operation, company sponsored business initiatives, or broadening training portfolio.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 8 years prior relevant experience, or Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 5 years experience.
- Classroom & hands-on instructional knowledge & experience in jet engine or aircraft maintenance
- At least 5+ years of technical engine maintenance and troubleshooting experience in the commercial aviation industry at the flight-line (A1 line & base maintenance) level preferred.
- US Citizenship required due to government contracts
- Understand the voice of the customer on operational business needs supported via engine maintenance training, be able to customize standard training to meet customer needs.
- Human Factors and foreign object damage expertise and experience a plus.
- This position will require some travel to domestic and international sites, typically 2 weeks at a time, accounting for up to 10-15% travel.
- Engine Maintenance knowledge and experience of P&W engine products to include the PW2000, PW4000, V2500, PW1100G-JM, PW1400G-JM, PW1500G and PW1900G is highly desired.
- The desire and ability to work with customers from all cultures is essential.
- Must have the desire and patience to work with adult learners.
- Should be self-motivated, team oriented and have a positive personality.
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is: Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Candidates will learn more about role type and current site status throughout the recruiting process. For onsite and hybrid roles, commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms