Spirit AeroSystems, Inc. seeks a lawyer to support its Commercial segment. Spirit is one of the world's largest aerostructures manufacturers, with corporate headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, and a worldwide presence, with facilities located in the U.S., the U.K., France, Morocco, and Malaysia.
Reporting to a Senior Lawyer, this position will interact with the business, including support of indirect supply chain, including facilities and real estate. This individual will work independently, with other Law Department team members, and coordinate with outside counsel on sophisticated and challenging legal matters.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Providing day to day legal advice on a wide range of indirect supply chain matters, including contract drafting;
- Developing and understanding indirect supply chain strategies and objectives to better serve business needs including risk mitigation strategies;
- Negotiating directly with suppliers and their representatives, when appropriate;
- Preparing non-disclosure agreements on a company-wide level;
- Supporting real estate and facilities activities, such as drafting leases or purchase agreements for machinery;
- Managing outside counsel who provides advice and representation to Spirit on a broad range of commercial matters;
- Fostering strong relationships with the business and developing an understanding of business segment strategies and objectives to better serve their needs; and
- Lending support to an exciting, sophisticated, fast paced in-house law department within the aerospace industry.
Basic Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Juris Doctorate degree from accredited school required, as well as high academic standing.
- Must be a current member in good standing of the Kansas Bar or have the ability to become licensed to practice law in Kansas within 6 months of employment.
- Prior experience not required, however, associate experience within a law firm preferred.
Skills, Abilities, and Work Style:
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to perform well under pressure.
- Energetic, proactive, and decisive, and has the ability to learn quickly, work independently, and influence others while maintaining high levels of integrity and discretion.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with employees at all levels of the company.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be able to perform efficiently and effectively on multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Must be able to travel as required to meet client’s business and legal needs.
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.