Job Location: Kingman, KS - Kingman, KS
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: 2 Year Degree
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
The Service Technician is responsible for performing basic diagnostics, service repairs, and maintenance work on customer and dealer-owned equipment. The Service Technician reports to the Service Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs repairs and maintenance using proper tools, techniques, and equipment for the machines that the technician specializes in.
- Follows Technical Manual procedures when conducting maintenance and repairs on machines of the Technicians specialty.
- Seeks direction and guidance from the Service Manager or senior technicians, as necessary.
- Maintains contact with customers about work performed on equipment as necessary.
- Participates in training programs that are required for advancing work-related skills and knowledge.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
- Maintains vehicles, inventory, PLP tools, personal tools, and equipment in good working order.
- Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Performs other duties as required and necessary to ensure the success of PrairieLand Partners (PLP).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to consistently promote, support, work, and act in a manner in support of PrairieLand Partners vision, mission, and values.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in the repair of customer and dealer-owned equipment.
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Ability to communicate with effectively with PLP staff and customers, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to use job-related computer applications and basic computer functions.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) equivalent is required.
- One or more years of experience performing service repairs is preferred.
- Experience with the mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems used in off road, construction, lawn, or heavy equipment is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year for year basis.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- Passing a driving record (MVR), criminal history background checks, employment verification, and drug screen will be required prior to the start of employment.
- Forklift license preferred or ability to obtain one.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional outdoor work in extreme weather conditions (hot/cold); walking on uneven terrain; occasional exposure to insects.
- Regular and long-term exposure to work areas containing toxic/caustic/hazardous/volatile chemicals; extreme conditions such as hot/cold; sharp hazards; dust/fumes/gasses; electrical shock; moving mechanical parts; high pitched and/or constant loud noise.
- Work may involve assisting with sampling, calibration of equipment and process instruments calibration / maintenance in difficult areas.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required including cold weather gear, eye protection, gloves, and provided uniform.
- A clean and safety-conscientious work environment is required.
- Work may involve long hours and overtime during holidays, weekends, and evenings.
- Required to rotate on-call responsibilities for up to a week at a time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, walk on unpaved terrain, talk, reach with arms and hands, have good manual dexterity, use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, handle or feel, hear alarms/telephones/normal speaking voice.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- May involve climbing ladders, stairs, steps, and traversing catwalk grating, pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, and kneeling on a frequent basis and working in confined space and manual dexterity required to complete work tasks through safe and proper operation of power and hand tools, and motor vehicles.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Moving, positioning, and carrying loads of up to 5 pounds upstairs and loading on four-foot-high surfaces frequently.
- Strenuous physical work involving heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds frequently and 75 pounds occasionally.