Job Location: LSB Industries, Inc. - Corporate Office - Oklahoma City, OK
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: None
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: None
Job Category: Admin - Clerical
LSB Industries, Inc. manufactures and sells chemical products for the agricultural, mining, and industrial markets. The company owns and operates facilities in Cherokee, Alabama, El Dorado, Arkansas and Pryor, Oklahoma, and operates a facility within a global chemical companys complex in Baytown, Texas. LSBs products are sold through distributors and directly to end customers throughout the United States.
LSBs Chemical Business produces nitrogen based fertilizers (ammonium nitrate, urea ammonium nitrate and anhydrous ammonia) which are used to grow food crops, biofuel feedstock crops, pasture land for grazing livestock and forage production. We are the leading merchant marketer of nitric acid in the U.S., offering various concentrations, high-grade mixed acids, and sulfuric acid for industrial markets. Our industrial acids are used to produce a variety of products, from clothing and paper products to advanced athletic gear made from high impact polyurethane. Our nitrogen solutions are also used to reduce emissions from power plants and our EarthPure DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) is used to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions. We manufacture and sell low-density (industrial-grade) prilled ammonium nitrate, and ammonium nitrate solution, which are used to surface mine coal vital to meeting the worlds growing demand for energy and other natural resources.
LSB is looking to hire a Collections Clerk (focus on credit/collections/Accounts Receivable) to join our team in Oklahoma City, OK. This position will focus on daily credit functions, collections, and provide support for Accounts Receivable.
- Monitor accounts receivable and identify overdue accounts
- Contact customers with overdue accounts via phone/email in an effort to collect overdue amount
- Work with customers and LSB customer service team to resolve any billing issues
- Assist customer service and/or sales when customers go on hold
- Maintain and submit regular reports on the status of unpaid accounts
- Make recommendations for overdue accounts to be sent to a collection agency
- Prepare the credit paperwork for potential customers and credit review paperwork for existing customers.
- Occasional posting of customer AR deposits and other cash receipts
- Support month-end close activities including AR subledger reconciliations and journal entries
- Complete audit schedules for quarterly and annual SEC reporting
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures
- The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years experience in credit/collections, required and experience in accounts receivable, preferred.
- Experience in the preparation of reconciliations and journal entries.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines are required.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Excellent computer skills and attention to detail a must.
- Strong work ethic, demonstrated ability to achieve results and willing to put in additional effort as required to meet critical deadlines.
- Team oriented with good communication skills required for interaction with all levels of the organization.
- Computer and accounting software knowledge and proficiency are important with experience in ERP systems. Familiarity with JDEdwards Oracle ERP software is preferred.