The responsibilities of the Collection Strategist include, but are not limited to, applying expertise on intelligence collection disciplines, capabilities, processes, and systems to generate full scope collection strategies to meet USSPACECOM PIRs as well as current intelligence needs associated with deliberate / crisis action planning and military operations. The Collection Specialist will conduct necessary actions to integrate, manage, assess, and present relevant information into coherent collection strategies supporting the full spectrum of USSPACECOM activities. The Collection Specialist will demonstrate expertise guiding DoD- and IC-controlled collection platforms / sensors. Demonstrates expertise on intelligence TCPED processes, planning tools as well as repositories of associated information. The Collection Specialist will possess extensive knowledge of DoD and IC policies related intelligence collection, and associated authorities across all intelligence disciplines (SIGINT, GEOINT, HUMINT, OSINT, and MASINT). The Collection Specialist will be a graduate of an in-residence DoD / IC collection management course. The Collection Specialist will have at least six years of experience relevant to space / counterspace-related intelligence requirements/collection management.
Qualifications: Meets all qualifications and skills of a Mid, plus:
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of the labor category activities required to meet mission requirements.
• For analysts, demonstrates mastery of qualitative and quantitative analytic methodologies and pursues developments in academia or other fields that affect tradecraft methodology.
• For analysts, demonstrates ability to define comprehensive, new, or unique research approaches that enable rigorous assessments to address and contribute to high-level tasks.
• For analysts, demonstrates in-depth analysis of analytic operations and knowledge management issues across organizational and intra-IC boundaries and clearly articulates key findings.
• Demonstrates ability to work independently and with minimal oversight.
• For analysts, demonstrates ability to review analytic products for cogent arguments, tradecraft standards, and adequate support for conclusions; routinely tests analytic rigor of analytic products.
• Minimum 10 years of experience related to the specific labor category with at least a portion of the experience within the last 2 years.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is always critical. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs’ health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include educational reimbursement, retirement benefits, employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Typical salary range for this position is $120K to $132K and is commensurate with experience relative to the position.
Minimum Education: Desired Education: Master’s degree in an area related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education; or have Bachelor’s degree related to the labor category from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and an additional 5 years of related senior experience, for a total of 15 years, as a substitute to the Master’s degree.