Turning stone into remarkable products
Transforming natural resources into high-quality stone wool products puts you at the center of what makes ROCKWOOL successful in its industry. In our technologically-advanced production environment, you work closely with skilled colleagues who all strive to improve and optimize our manufacturing processes. You are offered the opportunity to work in an organization which cares about its employees and has a people-driven culture.
Machine Operator- Cold End
Looking for a rewarding career with excellent pay and unmatched benefits? Join a global manufacturer where you can learn in-demand skills and gain valuable experience to help you advance in your career at a state-of-the-art facility. This is an 12 hour- shift position with rotating days off.
We are looking for professionals to join our Byhalia, MS team as a Machine Operator.
Why join the ROCKWOOL team?
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits - Effective your first day!
- Choice of 2 Medical plans with HSA employer funding of $750 - $1,500
- Dental and Vision plans
- 100% Tuition Reimbursement Program
- 6% match to your 401(k) plan
- No cost Life & Disability Benefits
- Company Provided PPE
- Work-Life Balance
- Up to 6 weeks paid Parental Leave
- 12 Paid Holidays per year
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Professional Skills – Essential
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in machine set-up and computers
- Drive, commitment, positive attitude and high energy
- Must know how equipment operates in order to clear equipment safely.
- Must be a self-starter
- Good people and communication skills: must be able to communicate well with all departments
- Must be a team player
- The ability to read and understand written instructions .
- Hands-on problem solver
- Must be able to take direction and work at times with minimal supervision.
What Will You Be Responsible For?
- Operate Robotic Machines – including use of internal computer systems and making the necessary adjustments
- Respond to alarms, including clearing up jams etc. along the lines
- Load/maintain pallet de-stacker according to the proper procedures
- Maintain strapper – including change of rolls and adjusting tension
- Maintain hooder – including change of rolls and adjusting tension
- Maintain labeler – including change of label rolls and printing ribbons
- Clearing up jams on the labeler
Basic Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The job is physically demanding at times. It does require good manual dexterity, good eyesight and good mobility. The position requires a high level of concentration.
Must be capable of performing the following with effective results and without personal injury:
- Consistently stand/walk on concrete floors for 12 hours per shift.
- Work in high temperatures, in excess of 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Some lifting, bending, stooping, walking up/downstairs, fast pace walking
- The ability to lift 60 pounds
- The ability to lift up to 120 pounds with another person
- The ability to shovel heavy waste to shoulder height
ROCKWOOL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified candidates without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.