- Successful applicants for this position need to have the vaccination process started in order to start work
- Candidates must reside within the current recruitment area to include the following counties: Worcester, Wicomico, Somerset, Accomack
- Candidates with agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Starting Wage: $15.45
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends.
Competitive benefits, including:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Educational Assistance Program (including GED assistance, Citizenship assistance, ESL and tuition reimbursement)
- Referral incentives
- Paid vacation
Location: Pocomoke Farms, Pocomoke, MD
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, including holidays
Hours: 6:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Typically this position generally averages 40 hours a week.
Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift and/or move, up to 50 pounds to move items such as partitions, cages, bird coops; tools, such as pallet jack, may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 2000 pounds such as skids of supplies, shavings, etc. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand majority of shift (concrete floor); walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; climbing/ladder usage; stoop/bend up to 1000 times per day; talk or hear; drive a vehicle within the farm complex; proficiently operate trailer/tractor/skidsteer/hyster. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Tools and Equipment: Pressure Washer, High Powers hose, tractor
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also work in hot, dry, dusty, wet, icy, snowy and cold environments.
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety goggles, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, and rubber boots are required. Ear plugs will be used as required. NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirators will be worn as needed.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: Disinfectants such as Synergize, My-T-Kleen Barnwash, Lysol, Formaldehyde, Pesticide, etc.
- Safety: Team Member is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Lock out Tag out, and Personal Protective equipment. Team Member is expected to identify, address, and mitigate safety related risks.
During the current Pandemic (2020), all Team Members will be required to wear company issued facial coverings. Training will be provided to each Team Member specific to their job and their facility location in addition to signing an acknowledgement form they understand these expectations.
It is considered an essential function of each job for a Team Member to wear the company issued facial coverings. If a Team Member indicates they will not wear the mask, they will not be considered for the position in which they are applying or any position that requires the facial covering. If a Team Member has a medical condition or disability that prevents them from wearing the mask, Cobb will engage in a interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided that addresses the safety concerns associated with the Pandemic and allow the Team Member to perform the essential functions of the job
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.