- Successful applicants for this position need to have the vaccination process started in order to start work
- Candidates must reside within the current recruitment area to include the following counties: Worcester, Wicomico, Somerset, Accomack
- Candidates with agricultural or production experience will be considered preferred.
Starting Wage: $15.45
Plus, additional shift differential for evenings, nights and weekends.
Competitive benefits, including:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Critical illness, accident and hospital indemnity insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Educational Assistance Program (including GED assistance, Citizenship assistance, ESL and tuition reimbursement)
- Referral incentives
- Paid vacation
Location: Pocomoke Farms, Pocomoke City, MD
Schedule: Monday through Friday, and alternating weekend days
Hours: 7:00am – 3:00pm, including holidays.
Work schedule is subject to change based upon production needs.
- This position attends to and cares for birds in brooding. Other duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Feeds and waters birds according to schedules (30%)
- Walks floors daily; examine birds for signs of illness and treats according to instructions; pick up and dispose of mortality (20%)
- Places pen partitions according to calculations; segregates birds according to line and age of source (20%)
- Cleans and disinfects waterers and pens and performs routine housekeeping duties; repairs pens and equipment (feeders, waterers, lights, fans, etc) (10%)
- Perform simple math as part of recording information according to instructions such as genealogy, bird weight, medications, feed intake, and mortality (10%)
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities:
- These may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice, such as: inspects birds to determine quality and progress by weighing birds weekly; sanitation of breakroom, boot rooms, equipment, and vehicles; properly euthanize weak/ill birds in accordance with company policy (10%)
- The jobsite is a biosecure environment which requires showering, changing clothing and footwear before entering the facility. Appropriate clothing and footwear is provided by the Company. No jewelry may be worn on the jobsite except for medical ID jewelry and body piercings covered by appropriate clothing. Must be willing to sign an agreement to avoid contact with any avian species (chickens, ducks, birds, etc.). Must be willing to sign and abide by the Company Biosecurity and Company Animal Welfare Guidelines.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical: Must use safe lifting techniques. Must regularly lift and/or move, using two Team Members, up to 50 pounds to move items such as partitions, boxes of chicks, etc; tools, such as shovel/pitchfork may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds such as feed or shavings. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand majority of shift on multiple floor surfaces (i.e. concrete floor, shavings); walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects and controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; climbing/ladder usage; stoop/bend up to 500 times per day; talk or hear; drive a vehicle within the farm complex. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision; distance vision; color vision; peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
- Tools and Equipment: Drills, Pressure Washer
- Personal Protective Equipment Required: Safety goggles, safety glasses, face shield, chemical gloves, waterproof apron, and rubber boots are required. Ear plugs will be used as required. NIOSH approved N95 particulate respirators will be worn as needed.
- Chemicals Commonly Used: Disinfectants such as Synergize, Virocid, Lysol, Roundup/GLY4, AgriPhene, etc.
- Environment: Required to work on wet, slippery surfaces and also work in hot, dry, dusty, wet, icy, snowy and cold environments.
- Safety: TM is expected to follow all applicable safety policies and procedures. These include but are not limited to Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, LOTO and Personal Protective Equipment. TM is expected to identify, address and mitigate safety related risks.
During the current Pandemic (2020), all Team Members will be required to wear company issued facial coverings. Training will be provided to each Team Member specific to their job and their facility location in addition to signing an acknowledgement form they understand these expectations.
It is considered an essential function of each job for a Team Member to wear the company issued facial coverings. If a Team Member indicates they will not wear the mask, they will not be considered for the position in which they are applying or any position that requires the facial covering. If a Team Member has a medical condition or disability that prevents them from wearing the mask, Cobb will engage in a interactive process to determine whether a reasonable accommodation can be provided that addresses the safety concerns associated with the Pandemic and allow the Team Member to perform the essential functions of the job
Relocation Assistance Eligible:
1ST SHIFT (United States of America)
Hourly Applicants ONLY -You must complete the task after submitting your application to provide additional information to be considered for employment.
Tyson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, national origin, color, religion, age, genetics, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection, click here.