We are searching for an experienced Coater Operator for our Greenfield, Missouri location. This position requires qualified candidates to be safety conscious and able to perform required functions in a productive manner, working with tight schedules and deadlines.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS / IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Ensure that the seed coating is applied in the correct amounts and that seed is fully coated.
- Mix chemicals as needed using all required safety gear.
- Mix chemicals for other dump stations as needed using all safety gear.
- Mix Myco and Stimulate as needed.
- Keep accurate records of chemicals used.
- Verify paperwork is accurate before it is turned in.
- Make sure that bins, coaters, dryers, and conveyance systems are fully clean when changing between different types of seed.
- Clearly mark bin sheets as to what seed is in each one.
- Double-check each holding bin before running seed into it and verify that it is ready for new seed. Verify that seed is going to the correct bin.
- Keep track of dust bin weight for calculating waste % and track dust control system bags.
- Work closely with production/bagging lines to ensure seed is going to the correct line.
- Spot check the penkote tanks in Small Package and Plant to ensure they have enough chemicals for the shift.
- Keep the work area clean and any spilled seed or chemical cleaned up.
- Direct the assistant operators as needed to keep the production and seed quality at a high level.
- Be able to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Good math skills are needed.
- Good communication skills are needed.
- Forklift certification.
- Must be able to clearly communicate with others.
BENEFITS PACKAGE & EMPLOYEE PROGRAMS:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Free Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k with 3% company match and annual profit-sharing bonus!
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on cell phones, movie tickets, gym memberships, and more!
- Education Assistance (both college degrees and professional certifications)
- Referral Program with cash bonus
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China, and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier, and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.