Cnc Programmer/Eng Technician
Creates, revises, implements CNC programming to support Production and R&D manufacturing activities.
Major Position Responsibilities
- Performs a wide variety of tasks in support of Manufacturing/Research & Development – CNC Programming of machine tools and CMM inspection equipment.
- Works to create new programs for production and in prove out activity on shop floor working closely with supervision, set up personnel and operators.
- Works to optimize existing and/or revised product programs as required in order to meet the hours per unit goals/objectives incorporating improved methods/tooling and/or technologies.
- Works with R&D to create processes and CNC programs in the development phase of new products along with transition to production effort when fully developed.
- Creates/maintains databases and systems. Creates/controls and maintains routings/process documentation.
- Works selecting/developing tooling and work holding along with shop aids in support of production and R&D.
- Works methods/process improvement and machining optimization efforts on an on-going basis with team in production.
- Develops/implements/coordinates engineering changes.
- Supports safety team activities (tours/JSA/CCA/Ergonomics) including working cause and corrective action within processes as needed by team.
- Other duties as required – Support and provide employee training. Coordinate with programs liaisons/managers/supervisors/suppliers as needed. Evaluate and introduce new processes/technologies to improve company competitive advantage. Apply process control (SPC) and perform capability studies as needed with processes. Provide data/information in support of pre-production engineering proposals/bids. Assist process supervisor in developing process KPI,s and pareto analysis as needed. Floor support for production and R&D work.
Education: Associate Degree in Engineering or Equivalent Technical Training in CAD/CAM with 2 years min experience.
Experience: 3 to 5 Years
Special Knowledge, Skills Abilities: Pro-E, Auto CAD, ADMAC (Okuma Lathe Software), Tool/Cutter Grinding, Tool Layout and Inspection/Assembly. Capable of set up and operating various types of CNC and/or manual machines
Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively on technical issues, some technical language interpretation and ability to reiterate this language to simple terms. Participate in panel discussions, debates and business meetings. Effectively present projects and updates to medium sized groups. Write in a business context, provide summaries and reports
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to interpret technical drawing, sketches or schematics. Apply principals of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.