As posted by the hiring company
- Instruct and direct machine operators in fixturing, tool cutting, setups and program editing. Follow lean manufacturing techniques that are implemented, utilize lean concepts throughout the departments.
- Prepares process sheets for machining and fabrication of parts. Works with other Manufacturing personnel on the selection of work to be processed in house. Review part costs and re-routes parts and recommends parts for subcontract as required ensuring most cost effective method of manufacturing.
- Makes decisions concerning all ordinary phases of manufacturing operations; recommends to superiors operating improvements, potential cost reductions and methods of enhancing product quality.
- Develops AutoCAD views for fabrication of parts on CNC machine tools.
- Develops AutoCAD views for design and manufacture of fixtures to be used in production.
- Work with vendors on the machining and fabrication of parts. Establish a strong working relationship to assure quality, on time delivery and pricing.
- Resolve priorities with shop supervisors to improve daily shortages that are needed for assembly and customer orders. Coordinate the movement of materials and parts in manufacturing, update and locate shop orders in the production schedule.
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Manager.
- Checking of prints for revisions, updating of shop and engineering changes. Process and resolve all engineering changes & work orders. Create temp routings when needed.
- Follow lean manufacturing techniques that are implemented. Work with shop personal on 6S, and kaizen projects. Audit 6S areas that have completed these events.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Experience and or training in programming of CNC machinery utilizing MasterCam, Camware or other .
- Experience in AutoCAD.
- Experience in production of machined parts and fabrications.
- Strong computer skills using word and excel.
- Experience and understanding of Lean methodologies.
- Self starter and highly motivated, works well in a team atmosphere.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.