- Ability to set up and operate complex jobs with minimal supervision ensuring part conforms to specifications and requirements.
- Make necessary modifications or adjustments.
- Read and understand blueprints and operations sheets.
- Ability to verify dimensions using standard measuring
- instruments, such as micrometers, depth gages, height gages
- and verniers.
- Follow all safety requirements regarding machine operation including proper guarding.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on machines and in work area.
- Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations. Wear necessary personal protective equipment as required.
- In addition to vane grinding duties, cross training may be required to learn and perform other duties as necessary.
- Four (4) years or more years in aerospace manufacturing environment desired.
- Three (3) years or more experience operating 4 Axis Grinding machine preferred.
- Exceptional mechanical ability.
- Good math skills.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- 2nd Shift: 3:30pm-12am M-F
- 3rd Shift: 11pm-7:30am M-F
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop, improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.