Want to work for the ONLY American Made Fish Hook Company? Want to work with outdoorsy people just like you? Come join Eagle Claw! Enjoy a 4 day work week, great pay, career advancement opportunities, and benefits. Our company is proud to be based in Colorado for over 95 years. We are the outdoor industries leader in fish hook manufacturing and distribute hooks worldwide.
Along with being a great place to work, we offer medical, dental, vision, basic life and AD&D insurance, supplemental life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, EAP, profit sharing and a 401K plan with a match, paid holidays, paid vacation time, paid personal time, education assistance, and bonus opportunities may be available.
Eagle Claw is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a culturally diverse workforce.
Program & operate CNC milling machines and assemble prototype tooling and new machinery.
Knowledge/Skills & Experience
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must have experience with fixture design, 4th axis experience is helpful but not required.
- Must have experience with Master cam or similar software
- Required experience with Solid works models
- Requires knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance & practical use to achieve proper design intent.
- Siemens 840D & Fanuc CNC control experience is a plus but not required.
- Willingness & ability to learn new software & machine controls.
- Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office to generate spread sheets & operating procedure manuals.
- Requires exceptional mechanical aptitude & background to assess machine problems & design issues as they arise.
- Must be able to read, write & perform algebra & trigonometry in order to read blueprints & make mathematical calculations.
- Individual must successfully complete an initial program of classroom instruction regarding the nature of handling, storage & treatment of hazardous material including all pertinent regulations. Continuing on the job training on this subject will be done when deemed necessary by the Supervisor or when new materials or regulations are introduced. This training must include emergency response procedures including shutdown of operations. All training will be done on an annual basis.
- Initiate, develop & maintain CNC milling machine programs to support a fast paced machining operations environment.
- Estimate & plan jobs for proper manufacturing processes. To include cost of materials & tooling & ensure that all tools and materials are ordered to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Create & maintain part programs for all CNC milling machine applications taking into consideration such factors as machining parameters, cutter selections & control limitations, while ensuring the design intent and component quality is achieved.
- Fabricate prototype machines and tooling.
- Responsible for completing changes to existing CNC programs as needed for revision & runs on varying equipment.
- Involved in R&D, maintenance, part manufacturing, inspection of parts & assemblies, fixture design & day to day programming using MasterCam & Solidworks software.
- Assists engineering when needed in design & fabrication of new machinery or redesign of existing equipment for production &/or new product lines.
- Set up and operate all machine shop equipment including manual machines used in fabrication of parts for production machinery when needed.
- Capable of understanding & editing G & M code and other industrial device programming languages.
- When necessary performs maintenance of existing production equipment or uses manual machining equipment when not involved in CNC operations.
- Works closely with Management, Engineering & other machinists to achieve company goals.
- Observes all safety & good housekeeping regulations of the department & company. Keeps work area clean.
Physical Environment & Working Conditions
- Requires the ability to climb & work from ladders up to 15 feet in order to access equipment.
- Requires individual to work in close proximity to oils, solvents & chemicals used in the production areas.
- Must be mentally alert to constant hazards of machinery &/or chemicals
- Requires the individual to work in factory environment with noise from machinery
- Must be capable of lifting 25 lbs. frequently and 75 lbs. occasionally
- Must be capable of standing for an entire shift for up to 12 hours
- Must be able to stoop, kneel & twist to monitor & repair equipment
- Must be able to work in tight & cramped locations
- Must be able to wear safety equipment such as shoes, glasses, gloves & hearing protection
- Must be willing and able to perform similar or less skilled work as required