Start here, end here. There is a reason why we have so many employees with 20+ years with the company-Pace offers careers. Join us in becoming the premier die casting manufacturer and engineering solutions supplier worldwide.
Employees are required to load, operate, and reset CNC machines and all related equipment including but not limited to robots, washers, leak testers, conveyors, and zyglo equipment. They will have responsibility for part quality including various gaging techniques. They will have responsibility to train other operators.
Duties and Responsibilities
This job includes but is not limited to the following:
- Assist in the secondary activities by performing machining, sub-assembly work, or finishing on die castings.
- Perform timely quality checks, per our quality plans, recognize quality problems and be familiar with part prints and specifications.
- Stop machine and make recommendations to leadership to correct problems that could hinder a machine's performance, reduce output, or affect quality or delivery.
- Accurate data entry of part volume, scrap, and dimensional data. Some by hand and some as computer entry.
- Accurate reporting of daily activities including downtime reports that help find root cause of problems and participate in corrective actions.
- Participate in the Continuous Quality Improvement Process.
- Participate in TPM (total productive maintenance) activities on equipment as well as perform general housekeeping activities in order to maintain a clean, safe work environment.
- Deliver metal parts or stock to designated work areas for machining using powered lift trucks.
- Feed metal parts or stock into automatic metal working machines and remove machined part from machine after prescribed period of time or at end of machining cycle.
- Load and unload materials, parts, or products onto or from pallets, skids, or conveyors.
- Exposure to hot temperatures, liquid cutting fluids, and potential for injury to hands or arms.
- Follow the requirements of the Quality Policy, ISO/TS system, and procedures.
The Automotive Machining Cells will function as an independent area where the operators are expected to participate in the part quality and delivery daily. Operators in this area will need to plan vacations and missed days ahead of time and the operators on the other shifts will be expected to cover for missing operators. Overtime will be required anytime customer delivery is not being met. Participation in the entire process to correct problems causing customer delivery misses will help the team to working normal shifts. Quality issues will be taken care of on the shift they occur. Bad or rework parts can not be left for an incoming shift without the CNC Leader of the incoming shift signing for the rework responsibility. All operators will be cross trained on all jobs in the room in order to allow voluntary coverage when necessary. Each operator will be expected to help train as the room grows with customers and products.
Please note that the duties and requirements described herein are intended to represent general contents of this job. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties and responsibilities.
Must have high school diploma or equivalent. Must have at least 1 year of steady work history. Must be able to read and understand written directives. The predominate form of instructions are visual and verbal. Ability to read, write and use math required. This is a physically demanding position requiring moderately heavy lifting, dexterity and good mechanical skills. Able to lift 50 pounds.
Pace Industries has a strong commitment to the principle of diversity, and in that spirit seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should notify the hiring department by the application deadline.
Pace is a career destination for engaged, passionate and talented people who are driven to seek the innovation, growth and opportunity that only we offer.