It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate numerous machine tools to precision tolerances from blueprints and sketches. Maintain all process documentation.
- Primary work will be on a CNC lathe and CNC mill.
- Makes, modifies or improvises tooling and gauging to complete assignments. Repairs hardware or machine components per written or verbal instructions and performs precision machining operations to highest quality standards.
- Works with a broad range of materials (stainless, hardened steel, exotics)
- Performs inspection of product using such equipment as micrometers, dial indicators, surface plate and associated accessories, bench comparators, profilometers, optical comparators, etc. as required to assure compliance.
- Utilizes safe working habits and is conscientious to not endanger self, others, equipment or property. Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner to minimize unsafe conditions.
- Strives to maintain high personal productivity level and performs other related duties as assigned as well as training other employees when necessary.
- Must be able to work independently to meet customer demands and manage workload of department
- Able to learn and apply new information and concepts within the technical area
- Performs complex Technical Assignments requiring analysis of multiple factors
- Provide special guidance on more unusual task completions, new skill acquisition and advanced technical training as a recognized Internal Mentor to Lower Level Technicians
- Identify problems and suggest solutions
- 7-10 years of experience.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree or Technical Certification is a plus.
- Must have a high degree of mechanical ability and machine expertise.
- The ability to read and interpret GD&T, complex engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of shop trigonometry.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of CNC machining.
- Cross-trained multiple machines.
- KAPP Niles gear grinder, Kellenberger 100 center grinds, Tshudin
10:00pm - 6:30am (Sunday thru Friday)
10:00pm - 6:30am (Monday thru Saturday)
Shift Differential Pay $2.55/hr.
*Note: Training to be done during day shift (approximately 6:00am - 2:30pm) until such time employee is deemed competent to move to permanent shift hours.
If you like growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!