Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interprets blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, routing, inspection and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures and accessories on machines.
- Selects, aligns, and secures cutting tools into tool holders and then installs tool assemblies on machines.
- Loads and secures raw material on machine.
- To program operations, calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
- Retrieves current revision machine control program and downloads to machine.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Unloads finished machined part from machine and deburrs as necessary to perform quality checks.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications manually or by working with the inspection department.
- Performs daily housekeeping and maintenance on assigned machine, auxiliary equipment, tooling and work area.
- Confers with associate company personnel to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Tracks job time and quantities produced in JobBoss.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Quality - Manages his/her own workflow to ensure quality and efficiency. Demonstrates strong attention to detail and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Maintains a clean and safe work area. Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Reliability and punctuality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); VoTech Trade school graduate preferred.
At least 5 years of experience in a metal working or machining environment preferred.
Completed a machining related apprenticeship program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficient in micrometer and caliper gauge usage.
Abilitytoreadandinterpretdocumentssuchassafetyrules,operatingandmaintenanceinstructions,and procedure manuals. Ability to present numerical data effectively and write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
Possess Basic Computer skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Depth perception.
ADDITIONAL NOTESARCH Global Precision is an Equal Opportunity Employee and wholeheartedly supports diversity in the workplace as a basic premise for business success. All employees of ARCH Global Precision are employed on an at-will basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.