Summary: A CNC Machinist is expected to work in the CNC machining centers and is responsible for manufacturing and fabricating precision machined parts to meet customer and quality specifications on various types of CNC Machines.
* Will be responsible for all duties and responsibilities associated with a Machine Operator
* Follow Sequence of operations and set up requirements – without supervision
* Setting Machine and Tool offsets and confirming other Machinist’s offsets on non-First Article parts
* Provide technical assistance and coaching to Machine Operators
* Maintain adherence to Production Dispatch List
* Properly Stage material, tools, fixtures to support production schedule for assigned machines.
* Provide feedback to Engineering and Quality to improve processes and reduce cycle times
* Troubleshoot and reestablish work and tool offsets, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of productions. Reports all machine malfunctions to Maintenance or Application
* Maintains safe and clean work environment; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
* Must have demonstrated proficiency with all qualifications, duties, requirements, and responsibilities associated with a Machine Operator.
* Must be able to perform machine recovery
* Must be able to read basic G code will be expected.
* Must be able to serve as a role model to other employees demonstrating good mentoring/coaching behaviors to identify and develop talented employees.
* Must have intermediate understanding in blue print reading/ geometric tolerance interpretation.
* Must understand AS 9100 and other Quality Systems
* Must have broad knowledge and ability to utilize tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, fixtures, inserts and other accessories used on various machines.
* Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
* Must be able to handle and manage multiple machines
* Must have proven track record of Cost of Poor Quality of less than to 1% for at least 6 months
* Must have the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
* Must have the ability and willingness to work extended hours and overtime, including weekends, as required by the work schedule and production needs.