As a CNC Machinist for IPS you will be responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up, operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference plans, locations of surfaces, machining parameters, and interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T)
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, conditional switches, proving part programs, and calculating requirements using basic math, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer’s instructions, and troubleshooting malfunctions
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Basic mechanical knowledge and some experience with the setup and programming of CNC mills and lathes
- Be willing and able to work overtime, weekdays, and weekends, and be available 24/7 to respond to customer emergencies
- Effective communication both orally and in writing
- Be able to relate well with co-workers in a professional, knowledgeable, and respectful manner
Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services, or IPS, is the leading provider of electric motor and generator repair services in North America for continuous process industries, including power generation (wind, nuclear, hydro and fossil), petrochemical, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper and aggregates & cement. Headquartered in Greenville, SC, with locations coast to coast, we offer in-shop repair services, field services, distribution and asset storage on a local, regional and national scale.
Joining Our Team:
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair every day. When you work with IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, Entrepreneurial Spirit.
IPS is committed to the health and well-being of our employees and their families, and the communities where we operate. We offer competitive compensation, technical training and the opportunity for advancement. Our benefit plans include comprehensive medical coverage and plan options, like Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts with automatic Employer contributions. We also offer 401(k) with employer match, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a Refer-A-Friend Program with a cash bonus.
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.