The CNC Operator is responsible for editing CNC programs and operating CNC machines to achieve product specifications. This position requires following standard work instructions of each required specification ensuring quality production of parts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Set up and operation of 3 axis and Horizontal CNC Mills utilizing set up sheets provided
- Carryout production, inspection, and machine operation duties
- Read and interpret prints, sketches, work orders, and follow verbal instructions.
- Use various measuring tools to perform first article and in process inspections (calipers, micrometers, height gage, etc.)
- Operate basic shop equipment (band saw, grinders, etc.)
- Build fixtures for work holding as required
- Deburr and clean parts as required
- Modify G-Code programs and adjust offsets as required to meet product conformity
- Evaluate experimental procedures and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency and production
- Replace cutting tools as required to meet production conformity
- Setup and operation of manual machine tools as required in support of CNC operations.
- Perform daily maintenance checks as required; includes greasing and/or oiling the machine and free equipment of chips
- Train entry level CNC machinists
- Effectively monitor and tend to one or more machine tools
- Other Duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
- Minimum three years of machine tool setup and operation experience in an ISO/AS/MIL STD prototype/job shop environment, utilizing complex documentation and verbal/written instruction.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace
- Follow established safety rules and regulations
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling – 0%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3 years' experience working with CNC Machining and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability of producing parts utilizing manual mills and lathes
- Able to interpret and edit CNC programs at the machine
- Ability to read blueprints and job traveler specifications to determine the proper tooling required to set up each operation.
- Basic familiarity with the use of hand tools.
- Knowledge of machining the following materials: Stainless Steel, Aluminum, and assorted plastics.
- General math skills
- Basic familiarity with the use of hand tools
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Knowledge of machines in a manufacturing environment
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Hiring Salary Range: $23.76-29.09/hr DOE
Bonus/Commission Eligible: No
- Benefits: Air Methods provides a comprehensive benefits package. We believe our benefits should be as diverse as our teammates. We offer competitive medical, dental and vision coverage along with voluntary accident, hospitalization and critical illness coverage, short and long term disability, life and AD&D, time off programs, pretax and Roth 401(k) with a generous company match, tuition reimbursement, profession training and certifications, dependent care support, EAP and concierge services to name just some of what we have to offer.
Final compensation for the role will depend on several factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, certifications, and relevant work experience and may fall outside of the range shown.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.