Morgan Advanced Materials is a world leader in advanced materials science and engineering of ceramics, carbon and composites. We operate in a series of well-defined markets where our applications expertise offers our customers a valuable differentiator, engineering high-specification materials, components and sub-assembly parts that solve their challenging technical problems.
The Electrical Carbon Business of Morgan Advanced Materials designs and manufactures a broad range of high performance solutions for rotary transfer systems, linear transfer systems and electrical carbon systems.
Group Key Figures: Revenue £910m (2020), ~7,500 employees, manufacturing in 30+ countries, and customers in 100+ countries. A UK PLC with head office located in Windsor, Berkshire UK. Listed on London Stock Exchange; Member of the FTSE 250 Index.
National Electrical Carbon, a division of Morgan Advanced Materials, is currently looking for SKILLED CNC Machinists to join our team! We offer very competitive pay and our benefits package is AMAZING - employees are benefits-eligible DAY ONE of hire!
We have recently invested in brand NEW CNC machines, and are hiring immediately. Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set-up and perform a variety of machining operations on standard and CNC equipment
- Modify, create and edit intricate programs for CNC operation
- Understand and apply simple mathematical applications, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Read and understand blueprints.
- Plan and execute simple projects, such as building simple jigs and fixtures.
- Be responsible for all work produced by visual and dimensional inspection to ensure designated quality standards.
- Set up tooling
- Follow all plant safety rules, housekeeping, and understand that working safely is a condition of employment.
- Performs surface grinding and other duties as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications and Education: High school diploma or equivalent certificate. Machinist diploma or ample experience in a machine shop environment
- Must have 3-5 years' experience working with CNC Machines, with the ability to run multiple machines at once
- Must be able to work as a team player to help everyone succeed
- Must have good problem-solving skills and ability to focus
- Must be safety-conscious
- Must manage time wisely, maintain good attendance
- Must adhere to all Company policies (safety, attendance, behavioral, etc.)
- Individual must be a Citizen of the United States, or Permanent resident alien of the United States, or Protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) (22 CFR §120.15.)
- Must be capable of standing for the majority of an 8-hour workday
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Constant exposure to indoor manufacturing environment / moderate noise
- Frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel material
- Constant use of hand/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel or handle and manipulate parts and tools
- Constant requirement of specific vision abilities including close vision, distant vision, depth perception
- Constantly wear eye and foot protection
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
This job description does not state or imply that all duties to be performed are specifically identified above.
Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer