As posted by the hiring company
Set up and operate a CNC Lathe (Mazak) utilizing conversational programming.
• Work from routing sheets and engineering drawings.
• Perform the operations of milling, drilling, boring, reaming, tapping and other related machining functions on small to medium size parts which are within the capabilities of the machine.
• Make setups based on routing descriptions, engineering drawings, part geometry and tooling/fixturing provided.
• Through the use of conversational programming, program the parts in the CNC control.
• Load tooling into the tool changer.
• Calibrate tool lengths using the tool length measuring system on the machine.
• Determine and set fixture offsets.
• Simulate the program on the machine control and modify the program as required to produce a quality part.
• Test, cut, measure and adjust tooling and machine offsets as required.
• Deviate from pre-programmed speeds and feeds only when necessary.
• Use measuring equipment to insure quality parts.
• Change worn of broken tooling and reset when necessary.
• While machine is running, program the next job into the CNC control and prepare the required tooling.
• Deburr, inspect, and assemble as indicated on the routing sheets.
• Maintain tooling kept at the machine in good condition and advise supervisor when stock is low.
• Keep the machine and work area clean and organized at all times.
• Perform daily maintenance to the machine as described by the service/maintenance manual for the machine and by the supervisor.
• Report to supervisor maintenance needs.
• Use material handling devices in area.
• Perform other similar and related duties as required or directed.