PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under minimal direction of a supervisor, responsible for quality parts produced on various machines such as but not limited to Machinist Mazak Integrex.
- Responsible for set-up, operation and inspection of quality parts for conformance to requirements holding close tolerances and maximum efficiencies.
- Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of operations and setup requirements.
- Measures and marks dimensions and reference points on material or work pieces as a guide for machining.
- Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to ensure quality of production. Reports all machine malfunctions to immediate supervisor.
- Assists in the solution of complex plant operating problems and/or cost reduction projects.
- Operates a forklift and lifting devices for movement of parts.
- Communicates with supervisor, engineers, production control, quality and other shop personnel for assignments and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions.
- Responsible for the enforcement of all Company Health, Safety and Environmental rules.
- May perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years’ experience operating Mazak Integrex or equivenlent in a heavy manufacturing environment.
- Integrex Control Experience
- Be able to create your own set-up
- Advanced knowledge of reading drawings and specifications with an advanced understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensions.
- Must possess basic math skills to include but not limited to adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, geometry and algebra for the purpose of calculating material fabrication
- Knowledge and application of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments, to include but not limited to calipers, ID & OD micrometers, depth gages, indicators and scales.
- Knowledge of various tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, and inserts used on various machines.