General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide.
We have an exciting opportunity for a mid level CNC Programmer to support our EMS Group in Tupelo, MS!
Under only general direction, this position is responsible for developing and writing programs for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines using engineering specifications and drawings. Reviews engineering drawings to define configuration of parts and determine type and sequence of machine operations. May independently determine proper cutter selections for each part, taking into consideration such factors as speeds, types of cutters, feeds, and control system limitations. Contributes to the development of solutions to a range of difficult technical problems to ensure deadlines or schedules are met.DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- Develops programs for machining parts, tools, or sheet metal on computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools.
- Participates in determining program routines for the most efficient computer calculation of dimensional and machining requirements for each part.
- Tests and modifies existing parts programs for engineering changes or program improvements.
- Participates in the preparation of department documentation, including operational instructions and/or standard procedures.
- May be the primary contact with supplier and vendors.
- May give direction to less experienced professional staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or as required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's degree in computer programming or a related field and five or more years of progressive experience in programming computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines. Equivalent professional experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a complete understanding of CNC application principles, theories and concepts, and must have leadership skills including organizing, scheduling, and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or established completion dates.
- Must possess the ability to contribute to the development of new processes, and resolve a variety of difficult technical matters.
- Must be customer focused and possess the ability to identify issues, analyze and interpret data and develop solutions to a variety of complex problems.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings. Excellent interpersonal skills to guide employees.
- The ability to initiate, plan, and manage projects.
- The ability to represent the company as a knowledgeable resource on external projects, and excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.