OKAY Industries is a well-established, successful, growing and highly regarded manufacturer of precision stamped and machined components and assemblies. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to work in a high-volume manufacturing environment. The requirements for this position include:
Responsibilities to include:
· Ability to read/write and do basic math
· Follows & holds accountability standard policies and safety procedures
· Follows work process instructions & effectively communicates processes
· Sound understanding of inspecting parts
· Able to visually inspect parts
· Load and Unload parts at 90% efficiency
· Able to work in a team environment
· Able to run multiple machines
· Understand the use handheld gages, i.e. Plug gages, Go/No Go Gages
· Basic knowledge of level 1, higher mechanical aptitude
· Can make some Adjustments
· Changes Own Tools
· Trained to run multiple machines efficiently
· Level 2 operators are expected to make tool changes and offset adjustments for level 1 operators.
They are considered role models and mentors to Level 1 operators.
· Training and advising aspiring level 1 operators is expected.
· Solid verbal communication
· Have good attendance
· Understand and follow written procedures
· Follow safety and 5S procedures
· Be responsible for their work
A quality team leader is respectful of their team members and is supportive of their fellow leads and does not air their differences in front of other employees. A respectful leader empowers employees by encouraging them to offer ideas about decisions that affect them. They do not show favoritism but instead create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesion.
An effective team leader is honest and open with their team members. Leaders who possess integrity gain the trust of team members because they do what they say they will do and treat others the same way they want to be treated.
· Lead by Example
Lead by setting a good example and being a positive role model. Make sure your behavior is consistent with your words. What you say and do will impact the daily work habits and attitudes of workers.
An effective team leader motivates and inspires team members. Your personal attitude is a huge part of the energy you inject into your team and organization. If you aren’t injecting positive, supportive and encouraging thoughts and actions into the workplace, it is far less likely that others will either. Leads must create a positive atmosphere and work environment that drives success.
Leads must instruct their teams on the proper use of safety equipment and emergency procedures should they be necessary at any point during the production process. They are accountable for meeting quality assurance standards as set by industry programs and regulations. The lead is responsible for knowing proper procedures for workers to follow and ensuring that they comply.
An Equal Opportunity Employer -----M/F/D/V