Who We Are
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials, U.S.A., Inc., is a global leader in chemical solutions which enable the semiconductor industry and the digital universe. We have an exciting opportunity at our Mesa, AZ facility for a CMP Applications Lab Technician!
With state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Europe, Taiwan, China, Korea and Japan, local sales offices throughout the world and on-site applications support, FUJIFILM Electronic Materials supplies the world's top tier semiconductor manufacturers with a broad array of products and services used throughout the semiconductor manufacturing process.
This role is responsible for mixing and testing CMP slurries, operating metrology & polishing tools, executing test plans, generating test data, and maintaining CMP equipment.
You will learn how to operate and maintain CMP (semiconductor) metrology tools such as CDE 4Pt Probe RMAP, Filmetrics F80, KLA F5X, KLA AIT, SEM G5, Parks System AFM s. Person will also help with learning CMP polishing equipment.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Carries out experimental preparation activities, including wafer preparation (measurements -
- thickness and defects), log sheet preparation, equipment recipe programming
- Handles set-up and operation of wafer polishers (Mirra, Reflexion), wafer cleaners and wafer metrology tools
- Conducts polishing experiments using blanket and patterned wafers
- Performs process and equipment troubleshooting activities during experiments, including
- identification of possible sources of polish variation
- Drives data collection, analysis
- Actively participates in continuous laboratory and cleanroom improvement activities
- Acts as a resource and collaborator with Engineers and Scientists
- Identifies opportunities to improve laboratory and experimental efficiency
- Assists with evaluation and process development activities on all laboratory tools, including polishers, metrology equipment, or wafer cleaning equipment
- Keeps detailed records of experimental data and observations, updating engineering with suggestions for improvements.
- Primary responsibility is metro logy measurements on various tools in the Applications lab
- Shares in responsibility for the safety of all coworkers
- Minimum HS degree or GED required
- Proficient with basic chemistry, SDS, lab equipment and chemical handling processes
- Preferred Semiconductor Lab experience in a formal working or educational environment
- A strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to understand and troubleshoot mechanical systems.
- Ability to work with people at all professional levels is required.
- Excellent communication, data collection, time management and organizational skills are required.
- Basic Microsoft office (Word, Excel) usage required.
- 1 to 2 years of previous experience required.
- Ability to operate in a highly independent manner
- Strong skills in planning and organization
- Attention to detail
- Work is primarily done in a cleanroom environment, ability to work in a clean room suit is imperative.
- This position requires the ability to work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time
- Lift and/or move a minimum of 55 pounds
- Work and travel throughout a lab and manufacturing plant environment of varied temperatures and humidity
- Wear personal protective devices
- This is a safety-sensitive position that requires candidates to successfully pass a post-offer drug screening prior to employment. One of the essential job functions is the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner.
MENTAL & EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Resilience - Adapting well in the face of workplace stressors, the ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress and conflict situations, the ability to remain poised under all circumstances, the ability to maintain regular attendance and be punctual.
- Communication - The ability to successfully and professionally express and exchange ideas and meanings with all levels of employees in the organization, the ability to interact appropriately with a variety of individuals including customers/clients, the ability to work as an integral part of a team, ability to interact effectively with people in a positive manner that engenders confidence and trust.
- Reasoning and decision-making - The ability to understand, remember and follow verbal and written instructions, the ability to reason logically and make sound decisions.
- Comprehension - The ability to complete tasks without direct supervision, the ability to simultaneously address multiple complete problems.
- Organizational skills - Ability to multitask without loss of efficiency or accuracy, the ability to work and sustain attention with distractions and interruptions, the ability to perform in situations requiring speed, deadlines or productivity quotas.
FUJIFILM Electronics Materials, U.S.A., Inc., is part of the Fujifilm family – a company that has been evolving and transforming for more than 85 years. Fujifilm is focused on four strategic business areas: Advanced Materials, including electronic materials for semiconductor manufacturing; Imaging; Healthcare; and products and services to support Business Innovation. As a global company, Fujifilm has revenues of $21 billion, with 310 group companies and 73,275 employees worldwide.
FUJIFILM Electronic Materials, U.S.A., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Fujifilm about this requisition. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Fujifilm via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Fujifilm, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Fujifilm for this requisition and a valid agreement with Fujifilm is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Fujifilm agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.