Job Location: Flagstaff - Flagstaff, AZ
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Purpose: To operate measuring machines, maintain accurate records and create back-up files for all production programs by using input from engineering and quality documents. Maintain control of inspection, measuring, and test equipment and related record keeping. Organize and clean QA Lab work area, including the proper storage of all fixtures, printouts and blueprints.
- Education and Experience: High School diploma, or equivalent. 1-2 years experience in quality assurance or related field would be helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge: Good understanding of manufacturing quality practices and procedures. Knowledge of S.P.C. and GD & T would be preferred, but not required.
- Skills & Abilities: Good communication and organization skills are also required. Strong math skills and ability to read and interpret blueprints. Skills in programming of Coordinate Measuring Machines would be helpful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Job:
- Operates all measuring machines and maintains accurate programs using input from engineering and quality documents. Creates back-up files/discs for all programs.
- Run parts on measuring machines for rounds inspection, pre-setup, setup buyout, finals, collect data and print X and R charts, calibrate gages and fixtures.
- Ability to measure using height gages, micrometers and other lab equipment and report the results.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of the QA Lab, including proper storage of fixtures, print outs and blueprints.
- Monitors the mechanical condition of the equipment, including the machines and required fixtures, and reports any problems to the Laboratory Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining the proper inventory of stylus, and other equipment and supplies to properly support production.
- Responsible for the proper utilization of the machines and equipment to support production.
- Assist in Gage Calibration - control of inspection, measuring and test equipment.
- Assure compliance of the overall calibration program to policies and procedures set forth by UACJ
Training Requirements: New Hire Orientation, Statistical Process Control, PPE, Operator Instructions, Inspection Instructions, GD & T
Level of Authority: None
Physical Demands: Requires standing, walking for long periods of time, lifting up to 50 lbs, frequent bending and twisting.