The government client requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for any/all positions that will require travel.
Full vaccination (against COVID-19) is defined as: an individual must be either two weeks past the last shot of a two-shot vaccination sequence, or two weeks past the only shot of a one-shot vaccination sequence.
Description of Duties:
The Cloud Infrastructure-Integration Architect supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Provide consultation on all aspects of cloud infrastructure offerings.
- Design standardized and reusable services that enable its development and/or business customers to achieve the organization's requirements for speed, resiliency, performance, and security; while providing an exceptional automated and self-service customer-experience.
- Engineer, implement, and continuously improve the quality of standardized and reusable services being offered by the cloud services team to its development and/or business customers.
- Provide approved templates, images, and other reusable artifacts to enable consumption of standardized and reusable services by customers.
- Partner directly with development and/or business customers to coach them through the successful adoption of the cloud services team's standardized and reusable services and associated artifacts.
- Ensure all services and enablement artifacts are available, secure, and continuously improved throughout their lifecycle; addressing any service issues that impact development and/or business customers.
- Provide traditional managed operations and support for applications not operating in a full-stack / DevOps operating model.
- Ensure integration between applications and infrastructure remain operational whether onsite or offsite.
- Ensure integration with corporate datacenters and/or 3rd party infrastructure: VPN, DirectConnect, firewalls, etc…
- Manage shared cloud infrastructure services:
- AWS Organizations and Accounts, VPC, IPAM, Security Groups, NACLS, Routing, Active Directory, Federation, DNS, and others
- Engineer and provide continuous improvement of stacks, templates, images, and other artifacts to standardize consumption of shared cloud services and delivery of application-specific infrastructure:
- Instance types, machine images, container images, networks, storage
- Application runtimes, integration middleware, relational databases,
- NoSQL, and BI environments
- Engineer, manage, and support cloud infrastructure products and stacks
- Partner with existing enterprise IT organization to integrate cloud infrastructure/network environment with corporate infrastructure / data center environment
- Provide hands-on technical coaching to accelerate cloud infrastructure learnings across the organization
- Pair with engineering teams to design and implement codified stacks that meet the needs of their applications
- Operate and support cloud team products and legacy applications not operating in a full-stack operating model.
- Drive infrastructure as code and configuration management communities of practices across the organization.
This position will be filled at Schriever SFB, Colorado Springs, CO
This position is expected to pay $146,100 - $156,100 annually; depending on experience, education, and any certifications that are directly related to the position.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of our teammate companies.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits (401K match), employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, tax saving options, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 12 years of general experience; Associate's degree and 10 years of general experience; Bachelor's degree and 8 years of general experience; Master's degree and 6 years of general experience.
- If this position requires travel selected candidate must be willing to provide proof of fully vaccinated (against COVID-19) status? (the process of which must be completed prior to the anticipated start date)
- Must have 7 years of directly related experience
- Must have 3 years of experience working in a management or leadership role
- Must have experience with infrastructure-as-a-service platforms: AWS, Google Compute Engine, Azure, Soft Layer, OpenStack, etc…
- Must have experience with configuration management and automation tools such as: Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
- Must have experience with orchestration template technologies such as: OpenStack Heat, AWS Cloud Formation, Azure Resource Manager, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, and Hashicorp Terraform
- Must have experience with development using Github or Bitbucket
- Must have experience with containers and container scheduling and management platforms such as: Docker, rkt, Mesos, or Kubernetes
- Must have experience managing traditional enterprise platforms for compute, network, and storage
- Must have experience managing traditional enterprise platforms for application runtimes, integration middleware, and relational database
- Must have experience with programming and scripting languages: Ruby, Go, Python, Perl, bash, ksh
- Must have, or obtain within 6 months of being hired, a current IASE Level II certification
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance