United States of America
UTCT1: Corp - CT - Remote Remote Location, Remote City, CT, 06101 USA
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an Aerospace and Defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
To realize our full potential, Raytheon Technologies is committed to creating a company where all employees are respected, valued and supported in the pursuit of their goals. We know companies that embrace diversity in all its forms not only deliver stronger business results, but also become a force for good, fueling stronger business performance and greater opportunity for employees, partners, investors and communities to succeed.
The following position is to join our Corporate or Research Center Team:
Raytheon Technologies Global Infrastructure Services is seeking an experienced and motivated Cloud Intake Specialist (CIS) to support the Cloud Center of Excellence. The (CIS) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and Cloud Migration and Cloud Onboarding projects. They may be responsible for managing multiple concurrent high visibility project in a fast-paced environment crossing multiple organizations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assess app team and project readiness for cloud (technical design, team skillsets, etc.), provide supplemental material to app teams wanting to onboard into cloud environments (process guidance, training material, etc.), aid in documenting current state and future state, assist in cost estimation, assessing and providing platform placement recommendations, and ensuring successful cloud environment provisioning and onboarding
- Guide developers and project managers through internal workflows and processes and help them get the most out of Enterprise Cloud capabilities
- Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects, and coordinating and submitting workflow processes to enable onboarding and migration requests
- Assist in team development while holding application teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for cloud project onboarding work
- Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Promote empowerment of the application team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team
- Assist with other coordination activities as assigned (workflow submissions, partnering with business unit cloud onboarding and compliance teams, etc.)
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelors Degree +5yrs experience, or an Advanced Degree +3yrs experience
- Solid understanding of Cloud, software development life cycle models, as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a tailored Cloud Migration/Onboarding project
- Familiarity with Cloud Adoption Frameworks outlined by Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services
- A proven track record of successfully implementing cloud, software or infrastructure development projects using Agile methodologies including 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level development projects
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background in Microsoft Azure, AWS, and IT Infrastructure to provide highly credible leadership and recommendations to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value.
- Familiarity with tools such as Jira, Confluence, and ServiceNow desired
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication and technical skills are essential. Ability to build and maintain customer relationships; strong team player, able to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Ability to manage ambiguous or competing requirements, collaborating with project teams to align on solutions
- Experience operating in US Government regulated environments with strict compliance requirements.
- Ability to author and present professional user facing documentation, presentations, and reports targeted at various personas
A University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 5 years prior relevant experience, or An Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms