The government client requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for any/all positions that will require travel.
Full vaccination (against COVID-19) is defined as: an individual must be either two weeks past the last shot of a two-shot vaccination sequence, or two weeks past the only shot of a one-shot vaccination sequence.
Description of Duties:
The Cloud Applications Architect supports the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) on the Integrated Research and Development for Enterprise Solutions (IRES) contract. The candidate will:
- Design, develop, implement, and release high quality custom software solutions.
- Apply the very best technical agile patterns and practices when building custom software solutions.
- Collaborate frequently with customers to provide technical consultation and assistance; and working with these customers to build software solutions that add the most value to their business.
- Work under some supervision from a Solution Architect or Delivery Leader, but will be expected to work independently on complex, non-routine tasks and projects - many unique to our customers' organizations.
- You may interact with end users and other technical personnel to identify and correct issues.
- Maintain continuous, open, consistent professional communication with customers, peers and team members.
- Openly listen to others and confirm understanding to ensure everyone is on the same page.
- Proactively looking for ways to keep all time productive and will use non-customer time for personal training, internal projects and administrative tasks.
- Work on project teams consisting of both customers and other team members.
- Be committed to making a positive impact on our clients' engagements.
- Work closely with team members on quality-related activities.
- Lead and mentor junior developers through projects.
- Become a partner and trusted advisor to clients, advising on best-fit technologies and best practices.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent written and oral communication with the ability to communicate collaboratively in front of a whiteboard.
- Be able to understand your audience and adjust your communication style appropriately.
- Be able to learn business concepts quickly.
- Have a caring attitude – care about what you do, who you do it with and how you’re going to be successful in the end.
- Have a deep understanding of the .NET platform.
This position will be filled at Schriever SFB, Colorado Springs, CO
This position is expected to pay $146,100 - $156,100 annually; depending on experience, education, and any certifications that are directly related to the position.
This position will be posted for a minimum of 3 days. If a candidate has not been selected at that time, it will continue to be posted until a suitable candidate is selected or the position is closed.
Resumes, in month and year format, must be submitted with application in order to be considered for the position. The selected candidate will be assigned as an employee for Jacobs or one of our teammate companies.
Jacobs health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Typical benefits offered include flexible work schedules and opportunities to work remotely, educational reimbursement, retirement benefits (401K match), employee stock purchase plan, health benefits, tax saving options, disability benefits, life and accident insurance, voluntary benefits, paid time off and paid holidays, and parental leave.
Must have one of the following combinations of education and experience: HS Diploma (or GED) and 12 years of general experience; Associate's degree and 10 years of general experience; Bachelor's degree and 8 years of general experience; Master's degree and 6 years of general experience
- If this position requires travel selected candidate must be willing to provide proof of fully vaccinated (against COVID-19) status? (the process of which must be completed prior to the anticipated start date)
- Must have 7 years of directly related experience
- Must have 3 years of experience working in a management or leadership role
- Must have 5 years of professional software development experience
- Must be familiar with object serialization to one of the following: XML, JSON, BSON
- Must have experience with database development using SQL Server or Oracle or equivalent
- Must have a working knowledge of object oriented design, patterns and practices
- Must have experience with the ASP.NET MVC
- Must have experience with System integration using either SOA techniques and ASMX or WCF (or equivalent)
- Must have Windows server or Azure development experience and/or UNIX/Linux development experience
- Must have queuing experience using MSMQ (or equivalent)
- Must have an active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Have been exposed to an ORM such as Entity Framework or NHibernate or equivalent implementation