Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions.
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
- Management of incoming customer support requests regarding Varian’s Oncology products.
- The qualified candidate will be an analytic problem solver who is capable of recommending solutions/corrective actions to customer application questions.
- Ability to clinically assess situations/issues and determine appropriate escalation path.
- Works as an integral member of the complaint process, and communicates relevant information to the customer as appropriate.
- May also provide customer training, demo support at Trade Shows and for the Varian Sales organization, as well as formulate and review written customer support training materials Applicable to the Oncology Systems business only:
- Position must have full access to VMS client sites to perform the essential functions of this position. Many VMS clients require VMS employees and representatives to meet certain “Vendor Credentialing” requirements before they will be allowed to have access to their sites. Unless prohibited by law, position must meet all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to have full client access, and must continue to meet those requirements during the course of VMS employment in this position.
Minimum Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's Degree and has graduated from a formal dosimetry program OR a Bachelor of Science degree in Radiation Therapy, Radiation Science or Radiography
- This role would require 25% travel requirement to support North America
- 3 - 5 years of experience clinical planning dosimetry or international equivalent
- Minimum 2 years in the job role
- Clinical Medical Dosimetry experience essential
- Treatment Planning experience a must
- Knowledge of Varian Medical Systems Eclipse products a plus
- Must have strong troubleshooting, analytic, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates ability and work under pressure situations
- Must be able to multitask, be organized
Other Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong customer service skills
- Obtains and completes LMS training plan specific to assigned responsibility
- Meets all Vendor Credentialing requirements necessary to gain VMS client site access, unless prohibited by law. These requirements vary by client and may include, but are not limited to: Proof of valid identification (photo, driver’s license, SSN) Criminal background checks Drug screens Immunizations (Hep B, MMR, Varicella, Influenza, Tetanus) Annual TB testing Healthcare trainings Experience Level with Business Tools: Proficient in utilizing business tools such as: E-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with HCM (e.g., Workday) or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors
- Builds productive internal/external working relationships
To ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements in the U.S., including the federal COVID-19 vaccination mandate, all U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to legally required and approved accommodations.
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.