At NDX, our Centers for Excellence offer access to a full spectrum of specialized products, services and technologies to address any dental restoration. Our focus is on a team-oriented atmosphere that fosters innovation, leading edge technologies, training and advancing the industry.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS IN NEW YORK CITY, THE CANDIDATE SHOULD LIVE IN THIS GEOGRAPHY.
A considerable amount of travel will be required in this role.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Provides case consultation and planning services to customers via telephone or in the dental office.
- Ability to meet and exceed sales and quota expectations.
- Responsible for overseeing special or technically complex dental cases. Determines specific requirements involved and communicates this information to team members in a manner that they can be effectively implemented.
- Evaluates quality of products for specific complex cases or specific customers. Recommends course of corrective action as needed. Participates and presents information to dental study clubs, societies or offices.
- Working through the Department Leaders, technically advises and assists with training lab technicians.
- Oversees and coordinates interdepartmental cases.
- Individually responsible for continued learning in-depth product knowledge, staying current with laboratory and industry product and technology updates.
- Performs outgoing quality control.
- Participates in Company sponsored training and meetings as required.
- On-call for building security based on rotation schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required. High school diploma or equivalent (GED, HSED) is required.
- Minimum 5-7 years in outside sales role, dental field preferred. Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed quota in a matrix sales environment with sell point directly to end user as well as influencers.
- Minimum of 5 years of advanced training in dental technology with broad dental lab technical experience, including complex and combination cases.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- High level of oral and written communication skills to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, meet required deadlines of each and deliver results.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Self-starter with demonstrated initiative, self-motivation and assertiveness.
- Must perform duties in an independent manner with minimal direction and supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidential employment and business information.
- Ability to listen and assess situations, providing possible solutions and feedback for consideration.
- Team player, maintaining a positive customer focus, both internally and externally.
- Analytical thinking skills coupled with the open mindedness to review and if needed, change the processes of the department to ensure the highest quality and efficiency standards are met.
- Ability to quickly assess customer needs and market trends and translate those into viable products and services.
- High degree of familiarity with dental implants, All on X cases, and laboratory procedures, processes and terminology. In depth knowledge of Company products, services, industry practices and sales and marketing techniques.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing work environment.
- Must be able to travel in this role, travel 60-75% of time.