About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
The Clinical Nurse Consultant oversees clinical support for healthcare facilities and systems, while establishing and maintaining relationships with key administrative, clinical and educational leaders within these organizations. The CNC is dedicated to working with our customers to improve clinical practice and patient care by providing or coordinating evidence-based product training, clinical procedural education, and clinical consulting services. The CNC also works with the Health & Economics Outcomes Research Team as needed in medical education outcomes studies, and also helps the field sales organization to advance product sales as a participant in key customer, IDN or GPO presentations. The CNC product focus revolves primarily around the vascular access, IV therapy, automated infusion therapy, and safe medication delivery.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Primary Point of Contact to plan, organize and execute B. Braun new product training for customer conversion implementations for vascular access, IV therapy, automated infusion therapy, and safe medication delivery therapeutic areas
- Primary Point of Contact to estimate and propose (sell) clinical education fees for education products and consulting services associated with vascular access, IV therapy, automated infusion therapy, and safe medication delivery therapeutic areas.
- Participate as clinical education lead in facilitating evidence-based procedural training programs focused on vascular access, IV therapy, automated infusion therapy, and safe medication delivery therapeutic areas. Participate as co-investigator/co-author in Health Economics (or Education) Outcomes Research Studies.
- Participate, as necessary, on internal multidisciplinary teams to improve the operational effectiveness of our educational and consulting services business. Lead or participate in the creation of new clinical education materials to help improve the performance of our internal field sales or clinical education teams.
- Lead or participate in the creation of new clinical education materials to help improve the performance of our clinical customers.
- Lead, create & support clinical presentations in conjunction with sales team.
- Develop and foster positive working relationships with key customers in an effort to support networking, presentations, publications and sharing of B. Braun success stories.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Adaptability and flexibility – enjoys wading into a different clinical culture on a weekly basis.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of medical device equipment (IV pumps, sets, valves, etc)
- Ability and expertise in Drug Libraries, working with Smart Pump technology
- Understanding of IV Therapy, medical terminology, basic and general nursing procedures, strong comfort level and understanding of IV medication delivery in critical care areas, product usage and rationale in clinical setting
- Demonstrated life long learner. Attends Clinical CE seminars on a regular basis to maintain state license, certifications, and to enhance clinical expertise.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong listening skills
- Strong Presentation skills
- Basic Computer competency - email, Word, Excel, Internet applications
- Ability to compute mathematically (ratios, percentages), interpret graphs
- Ability to conduct comprehensive utilization reviews of clinical products, applications and practices, and to document data, analyze results and develop recommendations with rationale and to collate into a written report with cost component to show savings to customer base.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- To deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Exercises skills in making timely and accurate decisions
- Demonstrates strong organizational, planning and prioritizing skill base
- Renders strong mature clinical judgment
- Demonstrates strong Critical Thinking Skills and Problems Solving characteristics
- Management skills when working with NE in accounts, and strong abilities to delegate tasks appropriately
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Current RN license, BSN required, Masters preferred
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in hospital nursing areas: Critical Care, IV Therapy, Medical-Surgical, Oncology, Pediatrics/NICU, PACU/OR
- Medical Device Sales preferred.
- Education experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Continuing Education (M.Ed), Certifications preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
- Travel 85-90%
- Overnight travel 2-3 nights per week (varies)
- Driver's license in good standing
- Current nursing license in good standing
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled