Job Location: Ulm C-Store - Ulm, MT
Position Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
The position is typically the first point of contact for Mountain View Co-op (MVC) customers. The Clerk must maintain a positive and cooperative attitude that promotes teamwork, integrity, honesty, and helpfulness. The Clerk must embrace and exhibit MVC’s philosophy and culture of customer service.
Reports to the Location Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and maintain a positive customer service experience.
- Establish and maintain a positive experience for MVC customers, clients, and vendors, through professional interpersonal interactions.
- Report for duty in a fit condition, complying with the location dress code and acceptable personal hygiene.
- Handle any customer complaints in a prompt and professional manner.
- Provide feedback to Managers.
- Ensure the location is properly stocked and faced.
- Ensure that perishable products are rotated and refrigerated as required.
- Maintain a clean and orderly store.
- Be aware of all promotions and specials.
- Inform customers of promotions and specials, and suggest related products for purchase.
- Inform all customers of any safe product handling procedures.
- Maintain accurate cash control.
- Follow MVC’s credit policy.
- Operate the Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Ensure that if any Triple E/Epicor transaction have an error, enough information is provided so that the fuels balance.
- Assist in any facility and equipment maintenance when applicable.
- Practice and encourage workplace safety.
- Handle and work in proximity to flammable materials, such as diesel fuel, unleaded gasoline, kerosene, and propane, as well as toxic chemicals, such as herbicides and other agricultural chemicals which affect public safety or public health.
- Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Customer service
- Phone etiquette
- Basic math
- MVC products and purposes
- Word processing and spreadsheet programs
- Safety rules, procedures, and practices
- Establish effective working relationships with management, co-workers, and the general public.
- Report to work on-time and as scheduled.
- Communicate effectively with others in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Operate a personal computer utilizing word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications appropriate to the assigned duties.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Work varied shifts and days as required of the position.
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior customer service experience
- Forklift Certification or ability to obtain is preferred
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL ABILITIES
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that are required by the employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would pose an undue hardship.
Essential Physical Abilities:
- Clarity of speech and hearing that permits the employee to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Clarity of vision to include; near and far vision, ability to focus while operating computers and viewing monitors, and ability to read printed materials.
- Manual dexterity that permits the employee to operate a personal computer, organize files, handle products, and operate equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand, and reach for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to occasionally stoop, kneel, and climb.
- Work is generally performed in a retail environment.
- Customer assistance and location duties are required in all weather conditions.
- Various noise levels are present in the work environment, from low to moderately loud.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive, all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the employee.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY & REASONABLE ACCOMODATION
MVC is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected category including; race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, age, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
MVC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in its employment, services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at 406-453-5900.