The General Manager is responsible for providing day-to-day leadership, proactively managing the P&L, leading teams, and driving sales, margin improvement, operational efficiencies, and continuous improvement in order to increase the profitability of the business and achieve budget and financial expectations. Key responsibilities include leading, developing, and executing strategies that maximize business growth opportunities, allocating and managing resources and operational costs within budget, driving accountability, efficiencies and continuous improvements, building, and developing high performing teams, leveraging vendor relationships, and ensuring superior customer service. This position directs Sales, Operations, Purchasing, Production, Installation, and other departments to ensure the business’ budget and financial objectives are achieved through effective teamwork and implementation of plans and programs that are in support of the Company’s values and employee ownership culture.
This role is stationed in Denver, CO and oversees two locations, Denver, CO and Santa Fe, NM.
- An employee ownership culture
- Opportunity to make an impact
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- 401(k) and Employee Stock Ownership Plans with Company stock
- Drive Results
- Business and Financial Acumen
- Change Leadership
- Business Development
- Continuous Improvement
- Provide day-to-day leadership to develop, recommend, and implement strategies and processes to drive revenue and margin, growth, and customer loyalty and retention that are consistent with Company goals and that maximize the Company’s return on investment
- Provide dynamic leadership to build, coach, develop, manage, drive accountability, and evaluate high performing teams to ensure Company growth and profitability goals are achieved
- Manage the business’ P&L in order to achieve budget expectations
- Develop and utilize best practices to drive business development and growth, including identifying and implementing actions for new products and services, markets, and customer segments
- Provide leadership to the Sales leadership and team and oversee administration and improvements of sales policies and procedures, pricing, contract administration, and margin enhancement
- Provide leadership to the Operations leadership and team in order to lower or optimize cost to serve through continuous improvement and deployment of lean Ensure the purchasing and inventory management functions deploy the best supply chain practices to ensure proper or best use of company assets while meeting customers’ service expectations.
- Collaborate with senior management and other internal and external partners to assist with the development and implementation of new products, services, and operational improvements
- Develop relationships with new and key accounts, vendors and channel partners and manage business issues and problem resolution according to Company policies and procedures and in coordination with applicable Company personnel
- Communicate regularly and provide updates on business performance, opportunities and challenges and ensure key metrics are implemented and clearly communicated
- Organize and conduct team meetings to promote transparent and effective communication and line of site to key business activities and initiatives
- Participate in the annual budget and business plan process in support of organizational strategies and objectives to establish priorities, increase market share and identify opportunities with the greatest potential to maximize profits. Make necessary adjustments in expenses, plans and programs to meet financial
- Model the Company’s values. Monitor and ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations
- Keep supervisor informed of all matters of significance and take appropriate corrective action or suggest alternative courses of
- Monitor progress again goals and objectives, provide status updates and develop action plans to address
- Perform additional duties as required and requested
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BMD, Inc and Companies is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. BMD, Inc makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.