Would you like to be part of a focused, dedicated team? Do you want to work and grow with other motivated, ambitious people?
Wagner Equipment Co. offers challenging career opportunities, extensive training and employee development along with an opportunity to grow your career and thrive under Wagner’s reputation for excellence. We offer excellent benefits and supply you with the tools you need to maximize your potential and grow within Wagner.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan - Up to 96 hours of PTO in your first year + 8 company paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Retirement Plans - 401K and Roth 401K , eligible employees can receive a company contribution up to 7%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- CEFCU- Citizens Equity First Credit Union - Employees have access to services include payroll deductions savings, accounts, loans, VISA card, and more.
- Additional Benefits include: Unum Supplemental life Insurance, Aflac Critical Illness + Accidental Insurance, ID WatchDog and discounted employee phone plans.
Under minimal supervision, the Class A Technician is responsible for the diagnosis, repair, reconditioning, overhaul and maintenance of customer and company heavy equipment and/or components in a manner that reflects the company’s vision of working as “One Professional Team.” Pay Rate:
Starting at $26.50 per hour
Pay rate is dependent on education and experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Prepares accurate and complete service reports and turns them in on time
- Prepares inspection and appraisal reports
- Correctly charges work to appropriate work order segments
- Communicates effectively with Service Writer, Shop Coordinators and Shop Managers to ensure problems, nature of repair, and status of repairs are understood and followed up on
- Cleans, repairs, reconditions, and maintains equipment and component
- Prepares, inspects, and operates machines prior to delivery
- Removes, disassembles, assembles, and installs components and parts
- Determines reusability of parts in accordance with published Caterpillar reusability guidelines
- Orders replacement parts ensuring that parts orders are correct and complete at the time of order
- Services and maintains equipment sold and/or owned by the company
- Tests measures, and adjusts engine and machine systems and components
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots machine and engine malfunctions and failures
- Analyzes customer repair and maintenance requirements
- Keeps up to date with developments in tooling, technologies and systems
- Uses safe working practices and follows all company safety requirements
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Performs maintenance activities on new and rebuilt/repaired equipment
- Makes recommendations as to repairs meeting warranty criteria
- Makes parts replacement decisions assuring optimum economic reusability
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Safety Knowledge
- Reading/Writing Skills
- Reasoning Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Math Skills
- Product Knowledge
- Basic ability to search for and enter data into a computer
- Ability to type service reports
- Provides direction, training, mentoring and guidance to assigned service technicians
- Noise: Loud
- Indoors and Outdoors
- Use of Hands
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, etc.
- Heavy work that includes carrying, lifting and/or moving objects up to 72 pounds or more
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduation from an accredited technical school in diesel engine or earthmoving repair preferred
- 4 years’ experience in heavy equipment, engine, or electric power generation system repair
- 1-3 years administrative/clerical experience
- 3-5 years customer service experience
Job Offers are contingent upon all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background checks, drug/alcohol testing, fit for duty testing, and any other job-related tests/screenings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Wagner Equipment Co. is an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer