Requisition ID: 140522
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
At Kiewit, we build highways, bridges, rails and runways to connect the world. Our capabilities are reinforced by one of the largest privately-owned fleets of construction equipment in North America, which enables us to rapidly mobilize the necessary resources for any Design/Build project. Clients are turning to us for Design/Build and other alternative project delivery methods due to our successful track record in transportation design and construction! We are hiring Project/Sr. Project Managers in NJ, VA, GA and FL to lead civil projects and new pursuits! In this role, you will be leading and coordinating integrated teams of engineers and construction professionals, as well as working with consultants and JV partners, to design and build civil/highway projects across the East Coast!
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs, and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This role will be based out of one of Kiewit’s East Coast offices: Woodcliff Lake, McLean Virginia, Atlanta Georgia, Tampa Florida or Raleigh North Carolina. Travel could be up to 35%.
Primary interface with Kiewit Design Engineering Subject Matter Experts and teams in various locations to ensure cohesiveness within design, D/B projects stay on schedule, within budget and key deliverables are met. Coordinate with production teams to ensure deliverables meet design standards, and regulatory standards, as well as Kiewit Quality standards.
Will be responsible for design production on projects in addition to management responsibilities. Support operations of production teams which may include staff development, quality control, marketing and proposal support.
Support Deputy Design Manager and Design Managers by coordinating effort between design teams and third-party consultants. Ensure that all work is planned, organized, controlled and evaluated through proactive project management system.
Consolidate best practices in design and communicate to key stakeholders.
Interface to third-party consultants; Support contracts and procurement/sourcing functions for third-party subs
Support proposal/get work processes as needed – may assist to identify design-build opportunities and develop win strategy for capture, develop presentations and participate in interviews.
Interface and maintain relationships with external design partners and ensure their designs are in line with our design requirements and standards. Support Build process - Liaison with construction teams to ensure all designs meet our building standards
• Bachelor’s degree or greater Civil or related discipline, Licensed Professional Engineer with ability to obtain in other states as the project may require.
• 10+ years of transportation design/PM experience with an emphasis on design-build/P3/Alternative Project Delivery in both the pre- and post-award phases. At least five of these years in the Project Manager/Design Manager position with project management responsibility on large complex multidisciplinary projects, managing resources, schedule and scope, as well as experience supporting proposal process. Must have direct design experience on at at least 1 (prefer 2) design build/alternative delivery projects.
• Highly motivated problem solver, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and the drive to move projects forward to execution.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must have strong presentation development and execution skills (the ability to articulate concepts/designs visually and communicate those designs to stakeholders)
• Strong work ethic and willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time!
• The ability to travel when required (at least 35%)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.