Standard Forged Products LLC is searching for a Safety focused Circular Superintendent in our McKees Rocks, PA facility. Standard Forged Products LLC, a subsidiary of Arcosa Industries, has more than 100 years of experience in supplying America’s leading railcar companies with railcar axles in addition to producing market leading quality industrial forgings.
As a Circular Superintendent, you will work with a great group of people who really care about the job you do. Job duties will include the following:
- Manages the manufacture of sufficient quantities of quality products at or below budgeted production costs in order to meet marketplace demand.
- Ensures established procedures are followed for operating various conventional and/or CNC (computerized numerical control) manufacturing equipment for tasks such as cutting, punching, forming, drilling, tapping, turning, milling, and stamping to fabricate, form or shape manufactured parts, tools or parts assemblies from raw materials.
- Resolves issues related to the organization's production, machinery, processing and/or packaging operations.
- Ensures short-term outputs and effectiveness of team integrate effectively with other work areas.
- Delivers operational results that have impact on the achievement of departmental results. Assigns tasks to a team to achieve operational targets, service standards, etc.
- Responsible for Continuous Improvement efforts including making adjustments or recommended enhancements in systems and processes to solve problems or improve effectiveness of job area.
- Explains policies, practices and procedures of the job area to others within the organization.
- Manages professional employees and supervises large, complex production operations team. Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
- Requires objective review of difficult work problems, obtaining cooperation or approval.
- Provides primary input to hiring, firing, promotion, performance and rewards decisions for direct reports.
- Typically requires broad job knowledge of technical or operational practices within assigned discipline.
- Plans and establishes operational objectives for team within a clearly defined job area.
- Problems may require understanding of other job areas.
- Provides day-to-day work direction for team, focused on maintaining steady workflow and productivity and resolving operational decisions.
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience and 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.