Circuit Card Assembly Specialist
USA - Huntsville, AL
Job Description Qualifications:
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an exciting opportunity for a Circuit Card Assembly Specialist to join our dynamic team in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Performs all Circuit Card production assembly operations on electronic/electrical assemblies and subassemblies as an individual or as a member of a cross-functional, high performance work team.
- Performs simple rework and modification to circuit card parts and assemblies per requirements.
- Use and operate shop tools and equipment including measuring instruments and equipment including optics and lasers.
- Operate various types of shop equipment such as Surface Mount Technology (SMT), circuit board cleaning systems, conformal coat application equipment, Selective Solder or Wave Solder equipment, reflow ovens, screen printing equipment, plated through hole (PTH) equipment, Automated Optical Inspection (AOI), pick and place equipment.
- Provides maintenance on machines and tooling and machine set up tasks to prepare machines for production activity following the machine inspection checklists.
- Documents results in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Collects and inputs data for statistical process control analysis. Works under general supervision.
- Performs CCA work using detail work instructions & other released planning documentation and a variety of other supporting technical documentation as required including but not limited to: CCA technical drawings, 2D & 3D models, schematics, circuit/wiring diagrams, process and equipment specifications, photographs, illustrations and sketches.
- Perform CCA assembly work to complete assignments. Related tasks may include fabrication, installation, adjustment, fit check, fastener alignment, connections, and subassembly.
- Performs assigned work using any electrical and CCA related electronic test instrument, test equipment, measurement tool, required to trouble shoot at the CCA component level.
- Documents CCA non-conformances down to component level.
- Performs, as required, approved CCA rework, modification, repairs and incorporation of changes per CCA technical documentation and formal direction to electrical, electronic and mechanical systems.
- Assists in defining, implementing, completing and monitoring the execution of the work scope.
- Devise, develop and assemble approved CCA shop aides and devices that may be required to adjust, test or maintain circuit card assemblies.
- Perform self-examination and inspection as certified and required.
- Makes recommendations for refinement to CCA equipment and integration processes by conducting studies and evaluations that result in product and process improvements.
- Analyzes CCA product, processes, test data, and rejection history to identify root cause for problems and assist with developing corrective action.
- Perform chemical cleaning, surface finishing, conformal coating, marking in accordance with specifications and procedures.
- Perform critical handling tasks and operate special electrical, electronic, mechanical and support equipment.
- Set up and maintain CCA charts, logs, records and reports.
- Duties may include the handling of hazardous waste (if qualified).
- Maintain licenses, permits and certifications required to perform CCA work.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working in a manufacturing or assembly environment
- Must be able to work any shift
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience using Hand and/or air (pneumatic) tools
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) & NASA Assembly Soldering Specifications.
- Experience with J-Std-001.
- Experience with circuit card and/or electronics manufacturing.
- Experience performing soldering and electronics repair to the component level.
This is a union represented position (IAMAW 2766)
Candidates must be willing to work any shift.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
No relocation available
Export Control Requirement:
This is not a safety sensitive position
Contingent Upon Award Program
This position is not contingent upon program award
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Stay safe from recruitment fraud! The only way to apply for a position at Boeing is via our Careers website.
Learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud - Recruitment Fraud Warning
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Request an Accommodation - Requesting Interview Accommodations
Applicant Privacy - Applicant Privacy
EEO is the law Poster - EEO is the law
Boeing Policy on EEO - Boeing EEO Policy
Affirmative Action and Harassment - Boeing Affirmative Action and Harassment
Boeing Participates in E – Verify
Right to Work Statement