CI Engineering Supervisor
Basic Scope/Purpose: (The job’s primary purpose or contribution to the department or organization.)
Provide guidance and supervision to the CI Engineering team. Supports CI efforts by leading large scope projects for new product launches.
Principal Accountabilities: (The job’s essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Provides leadership, direction, and resources to continuous improvement efforts across the business.
- Develops goals and development plans for direct reports, conducts performance reviews.
- Responsible for implementation of new products and processes into manufacturing.
- Develop specifications of equipment and controls.
- Responsible for design and layout of processes, including sequence of operation, that incorporate 6 sigma/Lean philosophies.
- Manages the CI Savings tracker and helps to develop the annual CI savings budget
- Oversee installation and implementation of new process technologies.
- Develop work instructions and procedures in support of processes.
- Create new processes, machines, jigs and tools for new product introduction.
- Perform capacity studies and related process, work improvements related to operations.
- Decide on process requirements based on product design characteristics and production requirements.
- Design process layout and change existing facility layout to accommodate new equipment and plant layout reformation projects.
- Establish prototype processes that are utilized to learn and develop the mass production process.
- Develop expertise and industry knowledge in relevant processes and communicate to the organization as necessary.
- Define project scope and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and organizational stakeholders.
- Ensure that all projects follow the Capital Governance Stage Gate process as defined by the organization.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts of the Stage Gate process and project management methodologies.
- Communicate project expectations effectively to team members and stakeholders
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Lead validation readiness reviews for CI Engineering Projects.
- Oversees the accuracy and uploading of product boms and routings into our ERP system.
- Prepare project summaries and present them to the executive team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Maintain and Promote Fenner Precision Polymers Values and Behaviors at all times.
Career Progression Opportunities:
This is a career progression opportunity for a Senior Engineering position (Process, Project, Product Development)
Education and/or Relative Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or an Engineering related field
- 3+ years of experience in polymer manufacturing
- 2+ years continuous improvement experience preferred
- 2+ years of management experience
- 10+ years of professional experience in an engineering capacity
- Prior engineering management experience is preferred
- Experience with conducting DOE
- Demonstrated exceptional project management skills with proven ability to establish priorities and achieve timely results
- Leadership and communication in working within and across organizations
- Detail oriented to ensure that every aspect of the project is performed effectively
- Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma Methodologies; Black Belt Certification is preferred
- Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical disciplines, production personnel and executives, both internal and external
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Must be self-motivated and work well with people. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Project management and problem solving skills are a must. PC literacy in basic office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) is required. Knowledge of 3-dimensional design in Solid Works or equivalent is also required. Position requires hands-on time on the production floor. Mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, motion control, PLC, or electrical controls knowledge is a plus.
- The CI Engineer Supervisor will lead several large capital projects each year as well as oversee his team is assigned. Time will be spent on the production floor as well as at the computer terminal. The incumbent will need to converse with associates to determine problems and possible solutions. Typical reaching, bending and lifting associated with equipment maintenance or builds will be necessary.