We are hiring a Chief Engineer with excellent leadership abilities to oversee multiple company projects. The Chief Engineer will manage team efforts to continually improve engineering and project capabilities through integration of innovation. Will be the purposeful mentor to drive career paths, be the steward of technology and implement trailblazing solutions.
As the inspiring Chief Engineer you will make a significant impact on the organization’s success by driving technological advancement and fostering a culture of innovation within the engineering team.
Technical Standards and Resources
- Sit on the firms Risks Management Committee, Work with Operations, Technology Services and the Discipline Technical Leads to evaluate, deploy, and manage our technical software resources including; assigning the software to appropriate markets for cost recovery, assisting users in obtaining appropriate software training, evaluating new software applications for the technical organization, determining the ROI of the software, and reviewing use and managing costs.
- Coordinates with business development and market leaders in identifying technology trends and skills to provide the technical staff needed to meet market requirements. Report on the state of the business and practice and take feedback on meeting the business needs of the enterprise and develop appropriate revisions or changes within the technical practice to quickly adjust to market conditions.
- Oversees, coordinates and reports on technical education programs conducted by the Discipline Technical Leads.
- Establishes quality assurance programs and standards for the company ensuring a robust and consistent program across the markets to develop and maintain checklists, quality practices and processes, conduct project reviews, perform quality audits, keep guide specs up to date, implement design software piloting and training, and other QA/QC based functions. Updates and revises QA/QC processes and procedures as necessary.
- Conduct appropriate technical training for quality assurance throughout the company in conjunction with budget guidelines of the operations groups.
- Collaborate with project delivery and operations staff across the markets to assure that our QA/QC systems are robust, functional, cost effective, and maintained. Develop, implement and maintain an audit program in concert with the Internal Auditor to verify program execution and proper maintenance of records and documents/files.
- Coordinates work in process and post project QA/QC audits and reviews. Institutes remedial action for deficient QA/QC.
- Work with project delivery and operational teams to ensure all potential issues are daylighted as quickly as they become known or even suspected.
- Works with the Senior Leadership Team to establish data collection protocols to ensure that trends on quality assurance audit findings, key project metrics (change order trends, cost estimating accuracy, etc.) and other pertinent data is available to the organization to drive and measure continuous improvement, and identify priorities, in quality management.
Technical Risk Management
- Participate in contract reviews and pricing from a technical perspective to ensure that the detailed work plan (work breakdown structure, schedule, staffing plan, travel and other expenses, etc.) and project risk reserves adequately consider contract terms and conditions and the project scope of work.
- Collaborates with Legal team in the initial notification of any claim or liability issue to identify the appropriate technical experts to evaluate and support our investigation and identify solutions for the most cost-effective resolution of issues.
- Assist the legal team in the initial determination of whether the company has a liability issue involving any claim or potential claim. Guide investigation actions, independent reviews, identification of solutions, and other steps in our process to resolve any project dispute issue.
- Works with legal team to assess and address Errors & Omissions (E&O) claims against the company, and, when appropriate, in assessing and formulating claims against the company’s subconsultants.
- Works with the Safety Committee to ensure that appropriate safety standards are set and practiced throughout the completion of each project.
Technical Subject Matter Expertise
- Establishes, coordinates, and oversees the company technical papers and presentations plan, budget and awards. Works with Corporate Marketing to identify related publication and presentation opportunities.
- Provides senior level technical expertise on major projects and is a recognized authority in their respective engineering discipline. Represents the company as a technical authority on a national basis.
- Serves the organization by being highly visible (personally and with other key staff) to clients by attending related conventions, seminars, and presenting technical papers.
- Working with the Discipline Technical Leads, establishes and maintains a companywide database of SMEs.
- Investigates new and emerging technologies for application into company work products
- Leads efforts to implement new, more efficient processes into our technical areas of practice
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge advancements and be dedicated to excellence
- High integrity and ethics
- Results oriented, problem solver, strategic thinker and planner
- Good balance of detail orientation and strategic acumen
- Driven to help profitably grow company
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly engage and involve the proper stakeholders and invoke the appropriate actions
- Strong cultural engagement and relationship builder internally and externally
- Effectively communicate complex technical issues at all levels
- Motivated to develop and mentor people
- Proven ability to lead and develop a strong team
- Self-motivated, confident, good listener and advisor
- Respected and trusted by peers, earned through performance
Professional Experience, Strengths, Capabilities and Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in related Engineering field. Advanced degree preferred
- Licensed Professional Engineer (and ability to obtain registration in other jurisdictions)
- 10+ years’ progressively responsible experience in managing and partnering with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated engineering design experience
- Published in peer reviewed journal(s)
- A slate of numerous technical presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to act as expert witness in litigation cases
- International experience desirable
- Experienced in driving new technologies and innovation in engineering
- Risk Assessment and Value Chain insight and analytics
- Demonstrated experience in optimizing the use of technical software systems, and in integrating multiple software platforms into a cohesive planning and design process
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a company that is committed to innovative growth and improving lives in the communities where we live and work? Stanley Consultants is an award winning, interdisciplinary consulting firm providing program management, planning, design, permitting, engineering, and environmental services. Recognized for its commitment to client service and a passion to make a difference, Stanley Consultants brings global knowledge, experience, and capabilities to serve federal, municipal, and industrial clients. Stanley Consultants solves complex challenges in power generation and delivery, transportation, water, energy, and industrial plants, building services, and the environment. Since 1913, Stanley Consultants has successfully completed more than 50,000 projects globally in more than 100 countries, including all 50 of the United States and its territories.
Throughout our history, Stanley Consultants has remained an employee-owned company, committed to a legacy of professional independence and objectivity. The commitment to private ownership, shared responsibility and reward has sustained us for more than 100 years.
A Great Place to Work: Become a Member
Once you are hired at Stanley Consultants, you become a member of our member-owned company. Our Core Values speak to the capabilities, initiative, integrity, creativity, and commitment that make you, as a member, our most important asset. As a member, you have the opportunity to chart your own career path and play a role in shaping our mutual future.
Click Here: A Great Place to Work