$1,250 Sign-on Bonus: $250 at time of hire, $500 after 90 calendar days from hire & $500 at One-Year Anniversary
There has never been a more exciting time to join our team! LaMotte Company is looking for a Chemical Technician who is hands-on, works well in a team environment, along with being an excellent team player with a positive attitude.
We are looking for candidates who can grow, think, dream, and execute with us. Our culture is results oriented and we recognize that our people are our greatest asset. We invest to equip our teams with technology, healthy living options, team incentives, flex work schedules and ongoing education and training opportunities. We value collaboration and personal initiative, and we are committed to ensuring employee satisfaction and success. If you are looking for a great career opportunity, come join our team. Our growing company is looking for high energy employees to join our NEW facility in Newark, DE!
Our Chemical Technicians will work 12-hour shifts rotating workdays and primarily operate equipment and package products. While our Newark site is slated to be operational in September, we are hiring employees now and will provide daily mileage reimbursement of $48.75 for each day they are onsite training in Chestertown, MD. This is the perfect opportunity to work in a start-up-like environment but have the backing of a well-established, high-growth company with great benefits included!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a clean, safe work environment. Works safely, adheres to all safety policies & procedures; identifies/report & helps eliminate hazards.
- Prepares reagents according to specified procedures in a safe manner.
- Works closely with Spin Disk production to ensure availability of reagents.
- Maintains inventory of raw materials and reagents.
- Works with QC as needed.
- Assists in data generation, computer input, and analysis for troubleshooting projects.
- Completes routine performance testing of instruments and spin reagents.
- Maintains accurate notes in laboratory notebook and production records.
- Perform interference and stability tests on new and existing products
- Requires 2 years college chemistry or equivalent laboratory experience.
- Experience with chemical hygiene and safety practices.
- Familiarity with standard laboratory equipment, e.g. analytical balance, pH meter, spectrophotometer, adjustable volume pipettor, and volumetric glassware.
- Must be able to prepare standard solutions by serial dilution.
- Must be able to abide by detailed reagent preparation procedures.
- Must be able to use compressed gas cylinders and vacuum lines safely.
- Requires computer proficiency for data entry into spread sheets.
- Must maintain accurate laboratory batch records.
- Must have good communications skills and be able to work with other staff members, be organized and work independently.
- Must be able work efficiently for timely task completion.
- Requires good color perception and ability to pass a color test.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Works indoors in a clean, temperature and humidity-controlled environment.
- Handles various chemicals, some of which are hazardous.
- Requires walking, standing, sitting, transporting up to 30 pounds, and good manual dexterity.
- Must have good color perception.
- $21.00/hr. and $1.00/hr. shift differential
- Insurances: health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, long-term disability, critical illness and accident
- 401(k): Company provides 4% discretionary contributions each pay period and matches 25% up to the first 6% of employees’ contributions each pay period
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Holiday Pay
- Tuition Assistance
- Travel Assistance
- Corporate discounts to YMCA membership and AquaFit membership
LaMotte Company, a 100+ year-old global industry leader in developing and manufacturing premier water testing solutions, employs 250+ employees at its existing manufacturing site in Chestertown, MD and is opening a new manufacturing site due to expansive business growth. The new facility, located in Newark, DE will operate 24/7 and will employ 50+ employees within the first year and 100+ soon thereafter. We have an amazing culture and have been ranked as the Best Place to Work in Kent County, MD for the 3rd year in a row now!!!
LaMotte is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, miliary status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws.