Technician – Chemical Operator (Drumming & Blending)
- Member of the production team that operates machinery and works within the production process.
- Operators typically are involved in cleaning, preparing, and monitoring the heavy machines used to mix and process chemicals. They mix and handle chemicals, record information and observations relating to the mixing process, troubleshoot issues with equipment, and assist in process improvement initiatives and the work plan development process.
Essential Functions / General Accountabilities
- Package and transfer chemicals safely.
- Perform packaging operations into various sized containers.
- Load and unload bulk tank trailers.
- Operate forklifts and material moving equipment.
- Process chemicals by following guidelines and instructions on equipment such as reactors, distillation systems, etc.
- Follow a strict blend sheet and mix chemicals for drumming.
- Complete all necessary paperwork, including packing sheets, checklists.
- Conduct all tasks in a safe manner and utilize appropriate personal protective equipment per site policies.
- Complete janitorial duties and general laborer work as directed, including housekeeping activities.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1-2 years of related experience in manufacturing (preferred)
- Forklift Certified (preferred)
- Understanding of chemical process.
- Basic computer skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- A desire to work with team members to improve processes and product quality in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment.
- Willingness to comply with safety and quality regulations, including wearing protective gear when necessary.
- Physical requirements of the position, including walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods, lifting heavy objects, climbing, crouching, operating tools, and wearing safety gear.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.