Do you want to be a part of a company that is responsible for feeding 2.5MM people on a daily basis based on their impact on the ag industry? Did you look forward to your chemistry or biology lab in college? Then, consider a career within the labs at CJB Industries. As a Chemical Lab Technician, you will have the opportunity to work in a hands-on, dynamic development role which is essential to ensuring performance in the fields.
Our Quality Control Department focuses on testing materials to ensure CJB meets customer specifications. We are a contract chemical manufacturing company looking for an experienced Lab Technician who seeks a high degree of structure and approaches assignments with a strong drive to mastering and completing any and all assignments.
Ideal candidates will be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail and exactness as well as an inquisitive drive to analyze information and data. They should be comfortable with routine work and repetitive activities, as well as possessing the ability to respond seamlessly to disruption and change. Responsibilities
- Obtain samples from the production process and/or raw materials, as required.
- Maintain organized inventory of retain samples.
- Perform physical and chemical testing of products and record results of testing on manufacturing sheets, lab notebook, and lab software.
- Read, interpret, and explain manufacturing and packaging instruction sheets.
- Keep lab clean and organized.
- Available to work varying shifts as customer and production needs change.
- Dispose of waste materials properly.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function so fit this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associates Degree inChemistry or Biology, or closely related discipline.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Present strong mathematical knowledge.
- BS Degree in Chemistry or Biology, or closely related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing lab setting.
- Experience testing active ingredient with HPLC and GC equipment.
- Ability to offer knowledge of raw materials, production processes, and quality control.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to lift, twist, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30lb. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently exposed to hot, cold, and/or damp weather conditions. Conditions may be dusty at times. The noise level in the work environment varies with production activities. Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to perform duties with awareness of safety requirements. Evaluation
Performance of this job will be evaluated annually by the designated supervisor or manager. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.