There has never been a more exciting time to join our team! LaMotte Company is looking for a Chemical & Instrumentation Engineer who is hands-on, works well in a team environment, along with being an excellent team player with a positive attitude.
We are looking for candidates who can grow, think, dream, and execute with us. Our culture is results oriented and we recognize that our people are our greatest asset. We invest to equip our teams with technology, healthy living options, team incentives, flex work schedules and ongoing education and training opportunities. We value collaboration and personal initiative, and we are committed to ensuring employee satisfaction and success. If you are looking for a great career opportunity, come join our team. Our growing company is looking for high energy employees to join our NEW facility in Newark, DE!
- B.S. or B.A. degree in chemical engineering or related science/engineering/optics degree; 1 to 2 years of experience preferred
- Knowledge of chemical engineering and chemistry, electronics, circuit boards and basic optics
- Good computer skills, including hardware, software, firmware, operating systems, and serial communication; proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Ability to write technical documents and SOPs and maintain accurate records
- Mechanical skills with building/assembling/designing chemical production equipment and troubleshooting electronic and optical equipment
- Familiarity/experience with chemical laboratory and chemical processes.
- Ability to safely handle chemicals and instruments used in R&D laboratory and in production
- Familiarity with computer assisted instruments
- Good color perception and adequate manual dexterity
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in the development and design of new optical meters, and associated devices, sensors, and reagents.
- *Works with instrument design team to test/trouble shoot meter problems.
- *Works with instrument manufacturers to improve production processes, which may require travel
- *Assists in the development and design of new chemical processing equipment.
- *Works with production engineers to improve chemical production processes.
- *Maintains reference (gold) meters and calibration standards in R&D.
- *Writes and maintains SOPs and documentation on meter build, meter calibration and meter use throughout the company.
- * Maintains, troubleshoots meter firmware.
- * Works with programmers on projects requiring meters interfacing with software.
- *Provides technical assistance to Technical Service/Software Support and Customer Service.
- *Assists QA/QC with meter related problems.
- *Participates in staff meetings and other meetings as needed
- Participates in lean activities, including but not limited to:
- Lean training and lean events such as kaizen or a 5-day event.
- 5-S program.
- DMAICs. Continuously looks for ways to improve both the department’s and own individual efficiencies and time management, as well as ways to improve any aspect of the Company’s operations and develop and implement DMAICs accordingly.
- Notifies Manager of any issues, safety, personnel problems, etc. and cooperates in resolving such issues as well. For example, requests assistance when systems prevent the efficient performance of duties or when a system fails.
- Provides Manager with feedback to determine where additional training would benefit and obtains additional training as necessary.
- Assists in other department activities as needed.
- Complies with all Company policies (i.e. personnel, safety, etc.)
- Performs other duties as assigned. (Such duties may or may not be essential functions of the job.)
*Denotes essential functions of the job.
Environmental & Physical Demands:
- Works indoors in temperature-controlled environment.
- No significant exertion required.
- Requires walking, standing, sitting, good manual dexterity & color perception, and some transporting up to 30 lbs.
LaMotte Company, a 100+ year-old global industry leader in developing and manufacturing premier water testing solutions, employs 250+ employees at its existing manufacturing site in Chestertown, MD and is opening a new manufacturing site due to expansive business growth. The new facility, located in Newark, DE will operate 24/7 and will employ 50+ employees within the first year and 100+ soon thereafter. We have an amazing culture and have been ranked as the Best Place to Work in Kent County, MD for the 3rd year in a row now!!!
LaMotte is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws.
To apply, please apply on our career site, https://lamotte.com/about-us/employment-opportunities/ or email.