Chemical Manufacturing environment inside and outside of metal buildings. Employee will work in temperature extremes and in a chemical odors environment. Depending on exact position, employee may need to: Operate a forklift, tip and move 55 gallon drums weighing up to 600 pounds with a drum dolly, lift and carry 100 pounds in various packaging lift and handle empty 55 gallon drums.
- Ability to successfully use heating and cooling systems per standard operating procedures and employee training
- Use exothermic and endothermic reaction training to recognize an abnormal chemical reaction situation
- Contact the proper supervisor or maintenance personnel if abnormal situation occurs
- Fill out proper mass balance after chemical reaction has been finished and final product weight has been measured
- Work with proper HSE personnel to handle any wastes generated during chemical reaction
- Proficient with required Safety & Hazmat policies, procedures and reporting.
- Maintain, inspect and clean equipment and facilities as required per standard operating procedures
- Sample, test and log results of materials and products, as required, to ensure quality and control of product.
- Blend chemical per manufacturing specifications. No substitutions or modifications without supervisor’s authorization
- Use proper container for the finished blended material, making sure all proper labeling is applied
- Verify the correct batch number is applied to the container and quality control sample is collected a properly stored
- Starts pumps and agitators, turns valves, or moves controls of processing equipment to admit, transfer, filter, or mix chemicals
- Follow the appropriate Hazmat clean up and disposal procedures and immediately report all spills to the Blend Facility Supervisor
- Maintain the highest levels of sanitation in order to preserve the quality of the product
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Ability to use various power tools safely
- Basic knowledge of various pumps and valves
- Forklift Certification preferred, but not required
- Preferred welding experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Computer Skills: Have basic computer skills. Efficiently navigate a web browser, follow online instructions, type and use a mouse.
- Work Ethic: Be dependable, trustworthy, truthful, and credible in the workplace. Display a sincere desire to provide service or assistance, follow instructions, and take responsibility for own actions. Show a commitment to doing the best job possible.
- Physical Abilities: Lift and carry 100 pounds in various packaging. Tip and move 55 gallon drums, weighing up to 600 pounds, with the use of a drum dolly.