About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 61,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
The Chargeback Specialist will be responsible for the following: Verifying all intermediate distributor sales data is clear of master data errors. Types of master data errors requiring correction include the following: units of measure, product/material conversions and external customer number cross references. Once all master data errors are cleared, indirect sales docs must be created in SAP for line level contract pricing validation. After all billing blocks are cleared, chargeback credit is created based on validation in Business Warehouse of requested distributor chargeback amounts. Once the chargeback reconciliations are complete, our distribution partner will be advised of discrepant lines with reason codes along with a letter totaling the chargeback amount accepted. The clearing of financial transactions is then required along with collecting any chargeback amounts in dispute.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Ensures all distributor specific data for processing had been received and log for final month end
- Manually bills out cleared sales documents by end of day.
- Reviews and corrects daily cleared lines for negative accepted chargeback amounts.
- Researches distributor end customer GPO affiliations by utilizing GPO rosters, adding validated members to contract add sheets for Contract Specialist review.
- Applies accurate error code and chargeback text notes to lines with billing blocks.
- Audits end of month chargeback processing and bill out all necessary sales tracing/chargeback documents for assigned distributors. - Runs chargeback verify requested, accepted and denial amounts are accurate.
- Creates chargeback credit and reconciliation letter.
- Track and resolves chargeback denials for assigned distributor.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires working knowledge of technical field/area of specialization. Exercises general application of principles, theories and concepts. Follows established procedures and guidelines.
- Works under direct supervision and from detailed verbal and/or written instructions. Uses established procedures to accomplish assigned task.
- May require some limited judgement in resolving problems.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Occasional contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications -Education/Experience/Training/Etc
- Associate's or technical degree required.
- 0-02 years related experience required.
- Regular and predictable on-site attendance
- Occasional business travel required
- Above average Microsoft Excel skills and basic Microsoft Word skills are required. Vlookups, filtering, sorting, merging cells, in addition to other skills, are required to perform daily tasks.
- Knowledge of SAP and SAP related programs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand
- Occasionally:Climbing stairs/ladders, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Walking
- Frequently:Finger feeling, Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Sitting , Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Moderate
- Constantly:Office environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled