Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) is responsible for inspecting parts and assemblies for nonconformities, acceptability and accuracy to drawings and/or customer requirements, using multiple methods per regulatory, customer, and internal requirements. Candidates for this role should have a working knowledge of all inspection equipment, roles and processes such as visual inspection, hydrostatic and various NDE methods. The CWI will be responsible for helping to detect the root cause of Quality issues as well as keeping track of Quality documentation. The CWI must have applicable knowledge of ASME, AWS, API, and ISO standards and must have a current certification.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs internal testing, internal checks, and cosmetic inspections.
- Perform inspections on material and product throughout production process.
- Perform relevant non-destructive examinations using varying methods.
- Complete all documentation required for tracking and record keeping.
- Complete data entry and evaluate results of data entered.
- Perform root cause analysis on non-conformities found.
- The successful candidate will be able to train, coordinate, and communicate effectively with all departments and personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- 2 years’ experience as Code Welder, Quality Inspector or equivalent knowledge
- Current Certified Welding Inspector certification
- ASME and AWS code knowledge required
- Candidate should have at least LVL 1 training in VT/PT/UT/MT and RT Film Interpretation
- Must be meticulous about capturing and retaining information
- Must have basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Record-keeping software, etc.)
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be able to explain issues clearly
- Must be analytical and detail oriented
- Must have working knowledge of mathematical and measurement principles
- Must have a positive attitude and a desire to continually improve
- Understanding of Lean principles and practices is strongly preferred
- OSHA safety training and HazMat training preferred
- Related Associate or Bachelor degree preferred but not required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.