Job Location: Frye - Chandler, AZ
Education Level: Special Certification
Salary Range: Undisclosed
$3000 SIGN ON BONUS
The Certified Weld Inspector is responsible for ensuring that assigned welding processes at ArmorWorks are compliant to contract, regulatory and industry requirements.
Assignment of Functions or Duties:
- Ensure that weld procedure specifications, welding plans, equipment calibration and welding materials are correct.
- Define and develop WPSs as required for current production.
- Maintains weld qualification records, oversee non-destructive testing, and ensure proper materials are available during tests.
- Monitors the welding processes throughout production to make sure everything proceeds smoothly and that all welding personnel follow the expectations of applicable welding standards.
- Inspects base and consumable materials, pre-weld cutting, joint positions, welder settings, and other critical aspects of weld setups.
- Conducts inspections of all welds and identifies and supervises repairs.
- Ensure that all welding work complies with your employer’s safety regulations, as well as the safety regulations stipulated by local, state and federal governments.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and ensure proper care of equipment and machinery.
- Accurately complete required time entries applicable inspection entries on Routers, inspection reports and other documentation as required.
- Document and report nonconforming equipment, raw material, processes and product. Ensure proper identification and segregation of nonconforming items.
- Ensure ongoing effectiveness of the calibration process.
- Support other quality activities as required.
Minimum Requirements of Skills & Experience:
- Must have a current AWS certification as a Certified Weld Inspector.
- Must demonstrate a “Quality mindset”
- Ability to speak, read and write English, including understanding of verbal/written instructions.
- Ability to perform basic shop math
- Computer skills required (Windows, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Experience in a structural or sheet metal fabrication environment is required
- Ability to read drawings/specifications including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances required.
- Minimum 4 years of continuous experience required in Functions/Duties numbers 1 through 6 above.
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
*Sign on bonus is applicable for new candidates, directly hired through ArmorWorks and paid in 3 installments