Holcim (US) Inc., one of the nation’s largest manufacturers and distributors of cement and mineral components, has immediate opening in their Hagerstown, Maryland plant for hourly positions. We provide full training for our Cement Technician position which is a multi-skilled position responsible for the operation and maintenance of the plant.
- Starting pay is between $24.49 - $31.00 per hour
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage within first 30 days
- 401k in first 30 days with company match
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Practice and promote safety in such way as including but not limited to; assessing risks before starting tasks, only performing authorized activities, utilizing appropriate PPE.
- Exercise and encourage core values including but not limited to; developing self and coaching others by inspiration and empowerment
- Participate in and complete any and all safety processes or procedures as required by the company or outside regulatory agencies
- Perform inspections & checklists on operating process plant
- Perform mechanical maintenance activities, make repairs, installations and replacements on a wide variety of equipment (Example: rigging, cutting, welding, fitting, lubrication, alignments, basic low voltage electrical repairs, housekeeping, hydraulics, pneumatics, operate light and medium sized plant mobile equipment)
- Troubleshoot and optimize equipment during operation and mechanical breakdowns
- Maintain documentation, plan and organize work, participate in various team activities
- Clean up and housekeeping duties as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Preferred Work Experience: 1 year of experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work a 12 hour rotating shift in a 24/7 manufacturing environment
- Required to work outside, at heights, warm temperatures, and at times around and over water, in dusty environments and confined spaces.
- Ideal candidates would have a high mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work in a team based environment