Country:United States of America
Location:PW100: East Hartford 400 Main Street, East Hartford, CT, 06118 USA
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Innovation through diversity of thought. At Pratt & Whitney, we believe diversity of thought enables creativity, innovation, and a foundation for inclusion. By fostering an inclusive culture, we accept a shared accountability and responsibility to recognize, sponsor, coach, hire and promote talent equally. We welcome our employees to be their whole - best - selves at work because trust, respect and integrity, are a part of our DNA.
At Pratt & Whitney, the difference you make is on display every day. Just look up. Are you ready to go beyond?
We are seeking a highly motivated, technically talented individual, who has a true desire to lead and coach in a dynamic operations environment to support our HSMC Vanes Business Unit as a Cell Leader. In this role you will be proving direction to skilled bargaining unit employees, leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts guided by our Roadmap and Control Tower objectives. Additionally you will lead sustained improvements in safety, quality, production, material procurement, and cost reduction through the system’s various elements. In conjunction to daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication and execution with support group members is critical to the department’s success.
This is a 3rd Shift Role
In this role you will be proving direction to skilled HSMC-S bargaining unit employees, leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts.
• Providing direction to skilled HSMC-S bargaining unit employees
• Leading employee engagement and continuous improvement efforts
• Lead sustained improvements in safety, quality, production, material procurement, and cost reduction through the system’s various elements.
• Perform daily supervisor responsibilities, project management, effective communication and execution with support group members.
• Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability and other priorities
• Provide leadership and direction with an emphasis on team building through daily toolbox meetings, effective communications, and in developing an efficient team that is responsive to production requirements and changes
• Demonstrate a 100% dedication to Quality, Environment Health and Safety (EHS) and Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE)
• Understanding and ability to drive quality and customer satisfaction through ACE operating system
• Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Engineering, Business with 3+ years of leadership experience with specialized knowledge or technical/operational practices and/or shop environment experience or Associates Degree with 5+ years of leadership experience with specialized knowledge or technical/operational practices and/or shop environment experience OR in lieu of degree, 7+ years of leadership experience with specialized knowledge or technical/operational practices and/or shop environment experience
• U.S. citizenship required due to government contracts
• Clear, concise and effective communicator
• Experience working with all levels of management and experience in a union environment
• Highly self-directed, quick learner, with a strong drive for results.
• Experience with Continuous Improvement principles (lean manufacturing, ACE, QCPC, etc.)
• Consistent track record in team leadership roles
• Active security clearance and/or ability to gain one
• Computer proficiency in Excel a plus
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance workers, as they are essential to the development of our engines.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms